Jessop Yard

Georgie!!

Hi ,

I think that looks really well , another tip i got from here is to pop a bit of blue tac over the contact part of the points so as not to get paint on them , worked really well for me , but if you do get any on them they can be cleaned off with a glass fiber pen , i try and keep the rail tops clean by wiping when the paint is wet and then use a track rubber when it's dry .

Looks well to me

Shaun .

Hi shaun,

Cheers for your comment bud!! Its not too bad I suppose wink.gif Cheers for the info on points, I did keep them areas paint free, but I shall go over them with a really small paint brush, then that way it doesnt look odd biggrin.gif

Hiya Leon,

Cheers for your comment bud!!

Cheers all,

Georgie

Hi Georgie

some very good pictures you've added today,the rail weathering has really made an impact and has really improved the layouts appearance.Just make sure you go over the rail tops with a track rubber or sand paper to remove excess paint so the trains still run! ;) :)

Jessop yard is really coming together into a atmospheric modern image railway,you should be proud of yourself! :D

Regards

Lewis

Hiya guys,

Cheers for the info and help guys!! Much appreciated wink.gif

Im still waiting for paint to dry before I start cleaning otherwise I shall end up with rubber bits stuck in it all and that won't look real good!!

One question, Where and what are Fibre pens huh.gif I dont think I have heard or seen one of these before

Regards

Georgie

Hi George, Fibre pens, I have a problem with my points now as paint got on the blades, It was recommended I use a fibre pen to remove it, apparently they have some on eBay. I need to get one at some point. Its basicaly a pen but with a rough fibre bit.

Leon.

Guest 838rapid

They are availible from model shops such as Antics in Cardiff.

They are promoted by exbo.

No connection,other than satisfied customer

Hiya guys,

Im still waiting for paint to dry before I start cleaning otherwise I shall end up with rubber bits stuck in it all and that won't look real good!!

One question, Where and what are Fibre pens huh.gif I dont think I have heard or seen one of these before

Regards

Georgie

A fibre pen is a glass fibre pen,it is a normal pen with a length of glass fibre which is good at removing ground in marks like dry paint.I got mine from ebay,you can buy cartridges as eventually the original one runs out

Here is one on ebay-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fibre-Glass-Tipped-Fine-Abrasive-Burnishing-Pen-4mm_W0QQitemZ160391162988QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Trains_Railway_Models?hash=item25580eec6c

Hiya guys,

Regards

Georgie

A fibre pen is a glass fibre pen,it is a normal pen with a length of glass fibre which is good at removing ground in marks like dry paint.I got mine from ebay,you can buy cartridges as eventually the original one runs out

Hi ,

It's nice to share tips on here as most of what i now know about the hobby has come from people on this site , well the old one ( by reading and asking ) so it's good to pass on the info .

If you don't have a glass fiber pen i really think you'll find one usefull , not only for cleaning the track points , but they are really good for cleaning the contact wheels on loco's , once you've done a loco you'll probably find it improves the smoothness of how it runs .

Anyway great to see the updates on your layout i will be following .

Cheers Shaun .

Hiya Lewis,

Thanks for info and link!! But Im afraid Im not one for ebay I prefer a trusted shop like Rails of Sheffield, thats just me wink.gif

I shall keep looking out for one when im next surfing the net for items!!

Quick note to say that Jessop Yard has had all the tracks painted biggrin.gif (which Im glad about, me knees can rest) Im now just waiting for the paint to dry, although this wont be until tomorrow!! I will also take photos tomorrow of the dirty tracks, but clean on top biggrin.gif Im also thinking its about time I started my Backscene, so that will be on the to do list for tomorrow wink.gif

Regards

Georgie

Hiya Shaun,

I agree with you there!!

I most deffinetley shall try may hardest to track one down, even if it does mean ebay!! They sound to be real useful and a good product worth purchasing

I shall try and got photos tomorrow for you all of whats been happening wink.gif biggrin.gif

Regards

Georgie

Hiya all,

Thanks for all help and info on Fibre Pens, much appreciated and I shall get one!!

This morning a certain loco arrived!! Straight from Toton, like I said that place is full!! laugh.gif So This loco has been moved to Jessop Yard. You might have guessed this but it is me new Class 37, 37427 in EW&S Livery. Im still fitting all the tiny bits of detail to her but there that small it has taken me half an hour just to get the basics on!!

Here some pics of here stabled outside the shed awaiting attention:

post-6787-126744381065_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12674438284_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12674438469_thumb.jpg

Hope you all like!! The loco is called Bont Y Berno.

All the rails have now been painted, they are just awaiting me to clean them!! The depot area has been cleaned, I wouldnt dream of putting a loco on mucky tracks wink.gif

Regards

Georgie

Hiya Chaps,

Hiya Leon, yup the Class 37 is a Vitrains, Cheers Bud!!

Hey Lewis, The performance are good you might have to though change the speed setting as they set off really slowly!! The little bits are a pain to put on, theres sooo many but the loco looks 10 times better with them all fitted!! I wouldnt say there difficult, I would use a pair of plyers to help hold and push the little pieces into place wink.gif

Regards

Georgie

Come on George get some more pics taken of it, I just ordered a Vi 37 from Rails of Sheffield now. I read the yellow end is a little bright but that will easily be sorted with a bit of weathering. Yours looks a great model. Shame its EWS and not freight Grey.........lol joke !

Well done

Archived