Lima Class 156

Wouldn't the best way be just to buy another Hornby model and substitute the bodies. Your "Strathclyde red" version is not likely to be repeated. You should be able to pick up either a new one or second hand Hornby one relatively easily. These are smooth runners. I know D&F in Glasgow were selling off the latest "Saltire" 156 for £50 (had been £80). I also note that Trains on Time in Paisley have some of the Saltire bodies for sale so presumably they are selling the chassis unit seperately.

I know you still have the inaccurate engine block , but if you are looking for a no hassle way of DCC ing your 156 and can live with the inaccuracies then I think thats the best way to go.

I had thought about your suggestion, but on another forum I had been told they would not fit without major alterations. I think I'll try get a trip to see Trains On Time and possibly try it out first. It's been a while since I saw Daniel.

Best regards,

Mark

I had thought about your suggestion, but on another forum I had been told they would not fit without major alterations. I think I'll try get a trip to see Trains On Time and possibly try it out first. It's been a while since I saw Daniel.

Best regards,

Mark

Lima Class 156 bodies will go onto the Hornby Class 156 underframe, the glazing makes it a little tight but they will happily go together.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the advise. I've got a Hornby 156 chassis (thanks Trains on time). Blue has been painted out already. I've also got a SWD 156 Loksound decoder. After hearing one on youtube I think I'll need to waite a week and send it away to get reblown by Howes. All I'll need then is Express Lightings 156 DCC lighting kit and underframe details form Hursts models and I should have a pretty deccent Strathclyde Transport 156. :imsohappy:

Best regards,

Mark

Archived