If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings :)

RichardV

greetings.

somehow, in years of internetting, i've never really done the forum thing before, but i've decided to give this site a go in the hope that it'll help me be a more active modeller. :)

my main modelling interest is late 50s BR (WR) in N, though i am also wandering very slowly and uncertainly into 009. i've not really gotten very far with anything, though i'm hoping to make real progress this year. hopefully i'll find much inspiration here.

cheers.

RV.

Well, you've come to the right place- inspiration is here in abundance, and you will get all the help and encouragement needed in bucketfuls. I am a natural caveman when it comes to tecchie stuff, but have mastered the necessities to get around here, and can say that I have achieved more in modelling terms by being on here in the last three years than I did in the previous twenty on my own. It is,however, a serious gobbler of time once you get used to the daily fix :(

Welcome aboard,

Richard

• RMweb Premium

It's all been said - this is the BEST source of info and help on the web - and unlike many forums, we don't seem to have a large quantity of trolls, so you can safely ask any questions without fear of getting any rude replies.

Some of the country's best modellers are here to show off their layouts and work in progress, and IMHO it's a better source of info than the monthlies (and cheaper too - though many of us do contribute to the running of the site, but it's totally voluntary).

Regards

Stewart

bobpercy69

Hello Richardv and Ben Alder

I've arrived here on a recomendation from a fellow member of Ipswich Railway Modelling Association It's good to see at least two other people with the same sort of personality to me, new to the game and a sort of caveman. I'm no expert but I do know what I like, Steam for real, steam in my modelling and sixties era. My main interest is GWR. I'm a member of SVR and also like WSR. I did try N but have switched to OO.

Gonna go and investigate the site now.

Cheers

Bob p

greetings.

somehow, in years of internetting, i've never really done the forum thing before, but i've decided to give this site a go in the hope that it'll help me be a more active modeller. :)

my main modelling interest is late 50s BR (WR) in N, though i am also wandering very slowly and uncertainly into 009. i've not really gotten very far with anything, though i'm hoping to make real progress this year. hopefully i'll find much inspiration here.

cheers.

RV.

Archived