Freight Timetable

Class 67001

I am wanting a freight timetable but I'm not wanting to pay for the online version of freightmaster. I have seen the books they do and they seem alright but I've heard that they go out-of-date very quickly. I also find that on Yahoo Gen groups people but the headcode but not where it is working so this is hard to find if it is coming through where you want. Can anyone recommend where to get a freight timetable from.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold

I am wanting a freight timetable but I'm not wanting to pay for the online version of freightmaster. I have seen the books they do and they seem alright but I've heard that they go out-of-date very quickly. I also find that on Yahoo Gen groups people but the headcode but not where it is working so this is hard to find if it is coming through where you want. Can anyone recommend where to get a freight timetable from.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, pay for it like the rest of us :rolleyes: - not everything in life is free ;)

Can anyone recommend where to get a freight timetable from.

Freightmaster. :huh: Sorry...

The books do become out of date (books don't update themselves) but that also means you get a snapshot of what's going on during the year. Useful to look back on for reference I find.

Depending on where you are in the country then a lower cost option might be to buy a couple of the books every year and monitor your local gen groups. It will not be as up to date as the online version as any changes between publication and when you go out won't be there, but many flows don't change.

I don't know where you are in the country, but the worst flows for change are things like coal trains, which are almost "made up on the day" at times, so if you're somewhere else in the country you might find it a usable compromise.

It won't be the same level of service, but it won't be the same cost either.

Freightmaster. :huh: Sorry...

You could always try 'freightlocate' if it ever goes 'live' but it shows many paths that are never used on the demo version. Unfortunately for you would have to pay for this service as well!!!

As Beast said and Glorious NSE seconded you will have to use Freightmaster or go without for accurate freight tables.

Thanks in advance.

Gen groups are great if you know your area or they are well known services. but even with a Working Time Table (WTT) they through variance and Short Notice Charter Freight (SNCF) stuff in, so you will never get a full picture.

If you're after a national freight timetable then Freightmaster is your only answer but even then it has all the paths shown not necessarily what is running on that day, and then there is also delays which can ###### it up completely.

I was once out and had a chap waving his freightmaster at me saying 'it will run, it will run it says here'. He was talking about the 6M56 Berkley-Crewe CLS flask train, which does nit run everyday or as advertised.

Freight trains and engineering trains (including Tampers, Regulators, etc.) can run hours early or late very easily and often do. In many cases once a trains ready, if there's a path it will set off. Or you may find a train sets off early and will then have a long wait before joining the mainline - this happens at Hessle Road junction quite often with trains from the Docks.

Like others have said, Freightmaster offers the best solution.

I was once out and had a chap waving his freightmaster at me saying 'it will run, it will run it says here'. He was talking about the 6M56 Berkley-Crewe CLS flask train, which does nit run everyday or as advertised.

That's a good example of the advantage of the online one, as those kinds of train seldom run reliably and change their days of operation regularly for security reasons...

Archived