Civil Engineering - Low relief bridge

Folks

I wonder can anyone help me. I am building a low relief footbridge using balsa wood and Wills coarse stone sheets. The bridge will go over separate track beds 4" apart. The height has been set by the size of the Wills sheets and the width is about 1" The timber decking will made by using the Wills wood sheet. I am using H beams over each tunnel.

Should I put the timber sheeting directly on top of the H beam and the course stone and then add the hand rails or do I need to adding capping stones to the top of the walls first?

If I added capping stones what/how would I make them and where can I find hand rails about 13†long

Thanks for looking

Johna

• RMweb Gold

Hi Johna,

Is this what you have in mind?

post-57-0-73692300-1302036382_thumb.jpg

The capping stones could be made from thick plasticard (eg. 40 or 60thou), and filed to a rough stone kind of shape.

Edit on 05/4/11 - to show diagram properly

The capping stones could be made from thick plasticard (eg. 40 or 60thou), and filed to a rough stone kind of shape.

Hi Captain

Thank you for replying to my posting and the attached photo. It's the info I was looking for so I will put the planking on top of the capping stones and then fit the handrails.

Kind Regards

Johna

Archived