Middleton Railway, Hunslet, Leeds, Exhibition 2nd & 3rd July 2011

Drewry Car

I can now announce the following regarding this years exhibition. I look forward to seeing you there and if you have any queries please let me know.

Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd July 2011

Middleton Railway, Moor Road, Hunslet, LEEDS, West Yorkshire, LS10 2JQ

Organised by, and all proceeds to, the Middleton Railway Trust

Open 10:00 to 17:00 each day (trains operating every 40 minutes 11:00 to 16:20), light refreshments available in the shop/café.

Admire the models set amongst the real thing in our Engine House – you can also ride on a real full size steam train too!

Admission:

Exhibition/Engine House/Platform only

Adult: £3.00

Child: £2.00

Family: £8.00

Exhibition/Engine House plus unlimited train rides:

Adult: £5.50

Child: £3.50

Family: £18.00

We are expecting up to 12 layouts in a variety of scales: OO, TT, N, On30, 1.25 and 009. Layouts will include Andmidown Town (N gauge set in UK), On30 (Connected Railway Modellers), Lofthouse in Nidderdale (O gauge from Skipton MRS), Angst-Lesspork (009 fantasy). Also a ‘vintage room’ containing Tri-ang OO and TT plus Hornby Dublo. Traders will include DC Kits, Keith’s Model Railways, Leeds Transport Historical Society and second hand tables.

This is an event for all the family – not just the modeller. When the non-modellers have exhausted the facilities we offer at Moor Road the Tulip Retail Park is opposite and the White Rose Centre is just a short ride away. We pride ourselves on a welcome for all – come and experience it for yourselves…

If you need any further details see www.middletonrailway.org.uk or contact Ian Dobson on 01274 613687 (evenings only) or e-mail ian.dobson9015@btinternet.com

Looking at my work rota I'm available all weekend so I'll be one of the following

Guard

Floating Model Rail Operator - if any one wants/needs a break to ride the train etc.

Or other......

See you all here.

• RMweb Premium

I would normally be there on the Leeds Transport Historical Society stand but unfortunately SWMBO is dragging me off to the med at that time. However the LTHS stall will have the latest society publications and a display about progress on the Horse Tram 107 that is going to be finished off there.

Jamie

• 2 months later...

I can now confirm the final list of exhibitors and traders for the 2011 Model Railway Exhibition as follows:

Rovex reduced (Triang TT) Alex Garfield

Rovex reborn (Triang OO) Miles Rowland

Hornby Dublo (Maurice Pilsworth)

Andmidown Town (N) Richard Jackson

Americas - mainly South! (On30) www.c-r-m.webs.com

American Civil War 1863 (OO/HO) Darryl Foxwell

Rose & Berry (1.25 industrial narrow gauge) Stefan Duda

Lofthouse in Nidderdale (O industrial) Skipton Railway Society

Angst-Lesspork (009) Hugh Norwood

Live steam (SM32) Andy Hardy & John Linkins

Traders

Keiths Model Railways

DC Kits/Realtrack models

Leeds Transport Historical Society

12 volts DC

Deltic Preservation Society

I look forward to seeing you there!

Ian Dobson

Exhibition Manager

• RMweb Premium

Yes tthe Leeds Transport Historical Society (LTHS) will be there selling their Leeds Transport Books as well as other booksboth new and secondhand. They will also have a very good selectoion of photographs for sale of trams and buses. There will also be a new reange of colour photos of British Trolleybuses from various systems that are from the Late Roy Brooks slide collection.

I won't be there but other members of the society will be manning the stall. Proceeds go to society funds and particularly towards the restoration of Leeds 107 the only surviving Leeds Horse tram that is going to be finished off at Middleton.

Jamie

Train rides will be using the Balm Road branch for this event just like we did for the Hudswell Clarke gala this weekend but with one train. Make the most of it as this will be one of the three weekends that we operate this stretch of our railway for passenger trains. H-C gala, Model rail show and the September gala.

I'll be deffinately there on Sunday, busy driving for a wedding some of Saturday!

Not only is next weekend the Model Railway Exhibition but I can now confirm that we will be operating on the rarely used Balm Road branch (Network Rail connection) with MSC 67.

You can also drive a full size steam loco with 'Driver for a fiver' on 'Matthew Murray' - a Middleton first!

Excellent event, really enjoyed my time there on Sunday. There was some fantastic layouts but the stand out one for me was the American Civil War Line complete with General (sadly no Buster Keaton on the con rod). A lovely little train ride down the Balm Road Branch and top it all off had a fantastic experience driving Matthew Murray (first time I ever drove a steam engine) can't wait for next years already.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived