Appleby Model Engineering

edin_bry2x

• 4 weeks later...

I would also be Interested to know if he is still able to supply his very nice 7mm scale FNA Nuclear Flask kit that he produced some years back.

Cheers.

Bob.

Hi everyone,

I have spoken to John Talbot tonight he is trading as normal , nothing as change there but I must say he as been very busy just lately with family commitment's, if you use his PO Box number as supplied in earlier thread he will respond to any ones request for 4mm and 7mm items, kits and transfers,

many thanks Garry

Hi everyone,

I have spoken to John Talbot tonight he is trading as normal , nothing as change there but I must say he as been very busy just lately with family commitment's, if you use his PO Box number as supplied in earlier thread he will respond to any ones request for 4mm and 7mm items, kits and transfers,

many thanks Garry

Hi Garry.

Many thanks for the Info - Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Bob.

• 1 month later...

Does John use e-mail at all? Contact by post is a little inconvenient for me.

John seems to prefer traditional mail, and I can understand that.

As I get older, I find that e-mail communication seems more 'demanding' on my time than other forms; ie. I feel compelled to respond NOW.

Let's not loose sight of what is convenient for the supplier as well as the customer, especially when the supplier is perhaps retired; (as I soon will be).

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Convenience for the supplier is all very well, but for me posting a letter now requires a 5-mile round trip. Add fuel to the cost of posting the letter and the expense of contacting the supplier becomes greater than the part I actually want to order.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a telephone contact for John Talbot, I orderd some bits from Appleby over 2 months ago and I am still waiting, his stuff nornally arrives pretty quick, I appreciate he likes to do his business via the postal system but I would like to check he has recived my order. Please PM me, thanks in advance.

J.P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have been to see a friend of mine today John Talbot from Appleby Model Engineering, the reason for the visit was to collect my two 7mm Nuclear Flasks Kits. The kits are fantastic and I can’t wait to make a start on them. The people who have already had their kits would have seen a slip of paper inside the kit box, this is to announce any future enquires to Apple Model Engineering about any correspondence please apply in writing to Johns address. The reason being is that Johns PO Box for Appleby Model Engineering will stop in the future down to cost. However there are still castings and transfers available but under the circumstances stated below, you may have a slow response to your mail.

I would just like to tell everyone that John will be going into hospital very soon for a major operation, some of you who John has spoken to may know this already. John will be out of action for 2 -3 months having treatment, rehabilitation and rest. I know everyone will wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Returning back to the Railway Modelling fraternity and regarding the release of the AME Nuclear Flask and a positive reaction, comments and demand to the kit which been apparent on various modelling websites.

When John is back on his feet the next kit that will be released and all I can say the kit is unbelievable as I have seen the finished product today, so look out for further announcements in the New Year.

On a personal note I just would like to say all the best and a speedy recovery to John.

Hi everyone,

I have been to see a friend of mine today John Talbot from Appleby Model Engineering, the reason for the visit was to collect my two 7mm Nuclear Flasks Kits. The kits are fantastic and I can’t wait to make a start on them. The people who have already had their kits would have seen a slip of paper inside the kit box, this is to announce any future enquires to Apple Model Engineering about any correspondence please apply in writing to Johns address. The reason being is that Johns PO Box for Appleby Model Engineering will stop in the future down to cost. However there are still castings and transfers available but under the circumstances stated below, you may have a slow response to your mail.

I would just like to tell everyone that John will be going into hospital very soon for a major operation, some of you who John has spoken to may know this already. John will be out of action for 2 -3 months having treatment, rehabilitation and rest. I know everyone will wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Returning back to the Railway Modelling fraternity and regarding the release of the AME Nuclear Flask and a positive reaction, comments and demand to the kit which been apparent on various modelling websites.

When John is back on his feet the next kit that will be released and all I can say the kit is unbelievable as I have seen the finished product today, so look out for further announcements in the New Year.

On a personal note I just would like to say all the best and a speedy recovery to John.

Gazza,

Please could you quote John's address?

Though I've visited him, it was years ago and I only have his PO Box address nowadays.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Gazza,

Please could you quote John's address?

Though I've visited him, it was years ago and I only have his PO Box address nowadays.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi Everyone,

As requested this is AME Address

J. Talbot

10 St. Dunstans Close

Battenhall

Worcester

WR5 2A

Archived