DCC Concepts decoder

Tim Hale

Hi

Here again DSA is a copy of the instructions I sent to you via PM on the 26 Feb 2011. I know you got them because you replied.

Step 1 Test loco on DC and make sure it is a good runner. Identify 8 pin plug in loco and confirm continuity with a multimeter.

Step 2 Decide placement location of decoder. Fit loco decoder making sure pin 1 on decoder (orange) lines up with pin 1 (orange) on loco. No need to put heat shrink on decoder but you can use a some tape to hold in place. Visually inspect loco decoder to make sure everything is ok and confirm with a multimeter.

Step 3 Test loco on clean track, and confirm direction is correct. Run it in forward, reverse. Remove loco from track and all power sources.

Step 4 Identity dark blue and black wire coming out of bottom of decoder (pair of wires by themselves). Find a suitable location for capacitor. Trim wire to length to suit capacitor location.

Step 5 Place heat shrink on the dark blue and black wire. Solder dark blue wire from capacitor to dark blue wire coming out of the bottom right hand side of the decoder. Place heat shrink over solder joint and heat until secure.

Step 6 Repeat above for the black wire.

Step 7 Do a visual inspection and make sure everything is ok. Test with multimeter. Test loco on track. Once happy put body back on.

Cant you work it out from these instructions and with the photos I sent you?

Martin

Which is what I'm trying to provide but, since you have clearly changed CV5 I need to know if you also changed CV6 and what value it is set at.

As you phrase it, what is the problem with providing that information??

John from Broomsgrove models is trying to be helpful he needs the info so he can advise you properly. I advised you via PM what the issues were.

Firstly it has a much larger range than most standard decoders it is not 0-64 but 0-255

Try 180 CV5/top, 40 to 60 for CV6/mid.

CV 3 and 4 say 15 and 10

with such low CV6, also try CV2 at say 10 as first half steps will be very small.

Make sure controller is at 128 steps.

My advice is set it somewhere that suits you using the above and then wait until the instructions are released. Their is a lot more info in the instructions and they will be very unique in their format. This is playing a big part in their delay being so different or unique. I will say it again you were advised via PM what the issues were so please be patient.

Martin

Archived