Realtrack Models New Wagon

arran

What do you fancy next? Charlie

Hi. Well as you have mentioned before to beat the "Big Guys" you have to think "quirky" --- How about "Track laying machines" such as the YEA Perch/Porpoise Long Welded Rail Train. (See link: http://www.ltsv.com/images/P0078L.jpg) With the "Big Guys" making Autoballasters, JNAs, MRAs etc one of the big gaps in this is a machine to lay your track! I think the YEA (and similar track laying machinary) is very quirky, goes with EWS, GBRf, DBS, Freightliner, Colas so alot of modelling scope. It could be a yard in length so it could be filled with Peco rail, or perhaps you could model the Perch and Porpoise with two YEA wagons, then with addtional wagons avaiable for those who wanted the scale length? Well just a suggestion, I bet ill get shot down (Perhaps its just me always nosing out of a train window as i wizz past Eastleigh, thinking caw! they would be a good model!)

(Would it be even more out there to mention the High Output Ballast Cleaner (HOBC)?) (http://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/images/2010-APR/66610-66602-18-04-10-6Y11-ASHCURCH-FWATER-CREECH2.jpg)

Hi. Well as you have mentioned before to beat the "Big Guys" you have to think "quirky" --- How about "Track laying machines" such as the YEA Perch/Porpoise Long Welded Rail Train. (See link: http://www.ltsv.com/images/P0078L.jpg) With the "Big Guys" making Autoballasters, JNAs, MRAs etc one of the big gaps in this is a machine to lay your track! I think the YEA (and similar track laying machinary) is very quirky, goes with EWS, GBRf, DBS, Freightliner, Colas so alot of modelling scope. It could be a yard in length so it could be filled with Peco rail, or perhaps you could model the Perch and Porpoise with two YEA wagons, then with addtional wagons avaiable for those who wanted the scale length? Well just a suggestion, I bet ill get shot down (Perhaps its just me always nosing out of a train window as i wizz past Eastleigh, thinking caw! they would be a good model!)

(Would it be even more out there to mention the High Output Ballast Cleaner (HOBC)?) (http://www.tauntontr...TER-CREECH2.jpg)

Now I do really like that idea and think that rail/track panel carriers are a gap in the RTR market. Each year I think the salmon must be a potential RTR from one of the big boys given it can be modeled in several forms with original long/short bogies, with the newer EWS bogies, with cranes, with cranes and roof..... thus giving a few options from the basic tooling.

But the Perch/Porpoise is a little more unusual and would certainly fit the bill for me. Plus it would be unlikely to be hijacked by one of the big manufacturers.

The only problem is that unless you have straight track you won't be able to fill a rake with Peco track as it is too inflexible for models.

I too have wondered re the continuous weld track.

Perhaps a "rubberised" version of the rails - made very flexible would permit such a train ?

Would look great if it could be done wouldn't it ?

Did the guys @ Mostyn do it ?

Think I may give it a go with some suitably sized plasticard stuck together in lengths on the back of cargowaggons or BDAs

Anyway....back to last nights Dr Who!

Regards

Nick

Now I do really like that idea.

But the Perch/Porpoise is a little more unusual and would certainly fit the bill for me.

The only problem is that unless you have straight track you won't be able to fill a rake with Peco track as it is too inflexible for models.

I too have wondered re the continuous weld track.

Perhaps a "rubberised" version of the rails - made very flexible would permit such a train ?

Would look great if it could be done wouldn't it ?

So good to hear that i am not the only one who thinks such a YEA Perch/Porpoise LWRT would be an excellent idea. By looking how Charlie and Arran have made a pacer look good, i think a LWRT would come out well under their hands.

(Now totally off on one, but i think this would be perfect (maybe for C-Rail). Have a look at what someone did on ebay. It went for £273 so shows there is a big market for such FEA-B Wagon accessories : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310300378185)

Anyway enough "frothing" for me. Looking forward to the 2nd batch of FLAs and Ill buy a few of these New PCA Cement Wagons. I dont model them, but must support RealTrackModels ;)

I seem to remember Roco(?) doing something along those lines in Ho. kev.

• 1 month later...

New wagon? Come on, we need the original freighliner flats, lots made and they got everywhere.

Or how about the boc tankers. More limited in scope of use, but is one of those that people will make excuses for just because it would be a signitue wagon on a layout. Being in white, they would really stand out.

Cheesysmith

• 1 month later...

Archived