SHEET CLADDING

Hello

I am trying to locate a source of supply for profile steel sheeting for the back scene on our OO layout. We would prefer card or paper which can be glued to the ply back scene support. Scale scenes do a corrugated sheet but as our layout is modern image, we prefer a modern profile sheeting.

Any ideas would be most helpfull.

many thanks

mike

Hi Mike,

I tend to model with plasticard, rather than card (for the most)

So unfortunately, I'm not quite up to date with what's available

Wills do a plastic sheet of box-section steel,

and the American company Walthers do something similar

as do Pikestuff (Modern structures in Miniature supply these)

I once had an idea for a layout that never got off the ground,

but i may use this idea;

If you can't get a suitable card material

how about painting up some of the plastic sheeting

photographing it, and then hey-presto,

your own printable material.....

if you or a pal are good with photoshop, you can weather it, vary the results, add signs etc

could be worth a thought?

Good luck, and let us know how you gewt on

Marc :D

I run railwayscenics.com and we do several metal profile sheets that are available for download. Once downloaded you can print as mant times as you require. I must add that we do them in 4 colours, but have many more colours and designs that could be available.

If you don't mind spending a bit of time on it, have a look at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/gallery/album_841/gallery_3345_841_12523.jpg

The blue building is made from strips of card from a cereal packet, painted blue after finishing gluing. Sure takes a bit of time, but I think the end result is worth it. And it cost second to nothing as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Many thanks for your suggestions which have been most helpful. I have decided to use Evergreen sheeting and, although quite expensive, the sheets are a good size, cut square and are available in varoius width profiles.

mike

Archived