Difficulty with Adobe Reader 10

I have PM'd about this.

I cannot access nearly all of my Scalescenes files using Adobe reader 10. The programme just hangs and says 'not responding'.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Reader.

I have tried a free download from Scalescenes today. I can't access that either

I can access all other pdf files on my computer without problems.

I am running Windows 7 and this is the first time I have had a problem with Adobe reader or indeed Scalescenes.

i was really looking forward to building my engine shed this weekend.

Any help out there?

Further to Andy's comment Foxit reader is also pretty handy http://www.foxitsoft...com/pdf/reader/

Andi

Hallelujah, Andi this is awesome! Lightning fast and access all areas in a blink. Thanks, I owe you. If you come to the midland based open day, I will see you right for a cuppa :rolleyes:

Same with AndyY. Good prog but I preferred the simplicity of the Foxit. I THINK I can export files from OpenOffice in pdf but I have never used it so I am not bothered.

If Scalescenes are reading this, ignore my PM. Can I suggest a link to one of these on the Scalescenes site or something in the FAQ's?

Off to delete Adobe Reader now!

Apologies for the problem you seem to be having with your download, Adobe Reader X should work fine with the kit files and this is the first time I have heard about any compatibility issues. The fact that you could still see the old Adobe Reader icons for the files could indicate that the previous version hadn't been fully un-installed and PDF files are still associated with this older version (as mentioned in your PM). You could try right clicking on the file and then selecting 'Open with' and then selecting Adobe Reader X from the presented program options.

Using other PDF readers other than Adobe Reader is generally fine but please be aware that some of them have problems with kits that utilise Adobe Readers editable text (or form field) function eg the Signs and Posterboards, Low Relief High Street and Cinema.

John

• RMweb Gold

I'm running Windows 7 with Adobe Reader X and can access the Scalescenes PDF files with no problem at all. I'd suggest uninstalling X, then going into "programs and features" and make sure Adobe 9 isn't still installed. If it is, uninstall that and re-install X.

Using other PDF readers other than Adobe Reader is generally fine but please be aware that some of them have problems with kits that utilise Adobe Readers editable text (or form field) function eg the Signs and Posterboards, Low Relief High Street and Cinema.

John

Just tried Foxit on the station names pdf file and it popped up a highlighter and took my typing OK. didn't try to print it but I assume all is OK.

I'm running Windows 7 with Adobe Reader X and can access the Scalescenes PDF files with no problem at all. I'd suggest uninstalling X, then going into "programs and features" and make sure Adobe 9 isn't still installed. If it is, uninstall that and re-install X.

Perhaps I didn't make Adobe Reader 10 my default when it updated itself a while back. But I have been accessing pdf files without problems in the My Documents file. I only found one other pdf that I couldn't access and that was a paint conversion file that i had stored on my external hard drive. i think I might re-instate that ( i deleted it ) and see if Foxit will play it.

Archived