Kyle MRC 11th Annual Railway Exhibition 21-22 May

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Yes Stevenson a new venue so will take a look see. Hopefully might even be able to sample a new 380 on the journey. Has this taken over from the Dumfries exhibition. I've scanned the mags and can find no mention. I thought it was usually on in May.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

DEMU will also be in attendance.

Not sure what (exactly) we will be doing.

All the usual suspects should be on the stand so there should be plenty of variety!

Like Stewart - I am also wanting a close look at the Timber P's....

See you at the show?

Hope so - needs to be a success for the club in order to secure the future of the exhibition.

Thanks

Kyle were the organising club for the exhibition in Dumfries and are also the organisers at this alternative location, so the answer to your question is yes. For the ten exhibitions in Dumfries the Kyle MRC was assisted by Dumfries and District MRC. The reason given for the change of location on the earlier link is a new one to me.

Regards,

26power (Chairman of DDMRC)

Yes Stevenson a new venue so will take a look see. Hopefully might even be able to sample a new 380 on the journey. Has this taken over from the Dumfries exhibition. I've scanned the mags and can find no mention. I thought it was usually on in May.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just back from show. Very enjoyable. Particularly enjoyed Felsen and Aldbury. Albury was operating DCC sound but in a very controlled way (ie no screaming class 20s and horn blowing before every movement!) Felsen succeeded in reawakening my interest in DB steam- isn't that what exhibitions are all about?

A good spacious venue, not all on one level though, which might be an issue for some, Not sure if there were special arrangements on accessibility for those that need it. Good car parking. Just as well I took the car as its tippling down. Not sure about the assetion that the venue is 5-10 minutes walk from the station. Incidentally isn't Saltcoats station nearer rather than Stevenson? It might be worth mentioning this to folks, if hopefully the exhibition is repeated, as the exhibition is listed as Stevenson so folk would be more inclined to get off there.

Just a few observations. Good exhibits, great trade support I hope its the success it deserves. Well done Kyle MRC

I would agree with Legend enjoyed the show plenty of room to view layouts and enjoyed them all Dunwoody Halt a must to view

good trade support with competitive prices, the school catering staff provided good food at a very reasonable price and I was not attacked by any rucksacs well done Kyle MRC and all exibitors

post-6643-0-10054400-1305993756_thumb.jpg

Decidedly wet down there today but as usual good to meet up with so many weel ken't faces.

Fair few layouts I hadn't seen before either.

For those going tomorrow, the entrance door is at the right hand side of the car park away from the main road. A couple of signs identifying the way in wouldn't have gone amiss.

Of course I parked at the wrong end and got - as they say thereabouts - drookit. :lol:

Pleased to hear from Legend & emac that it has been an enjoyable show. Will have to come down early tomorrow morning due to commitments in the afternoon so will probably be scraping the paint off the door trying to get in.

As far as time & distance from the railway stations is concerned, I don't think there is much difference between either Stevenston or Saltcoats but the walking time will be closer to 10-15 minutes, pretty much all on the level.

Jim

Just home after a visit to this show this afternoon.

Congratulations to all involved a great little show with something for everyone.

Particularly enjoyed seeing Dunwoody Halt, 66G and Burnfoot. Also really liked both of the RAF Kinloss MRC layouts 7mm Teeside Steel and particularly Oakglen the On30 layout.

Thomas layout that you could oprerate went down very well with my 6 year old son and made the visit a lot more enjoyable for both of us!

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Regards

Stewart Glendinning

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Good show, Bad Weather :(

Well - the weather really spoiled the great efforts put into organising the show by the Kyle Club members.

Wind battered and drenched is the correct description for anyone that made it to the show and timed the arrival or departure badly.

Fortunately the weather had mostly dried up when it came to load the car and going home.

The new Heljan O Gauge Class 26 was on display (Jim's stand) and looks very nice!

Good of Charlie to let Jim have it for the weekend.

So...

What else?

Browing round the traders gave some good prices if you were there to buy. New Hornby EWS (New Stake Type) available at £13.00. Other good prices - but you had to look AND ask.

Good to see/hear so many RMWeb members at the show.

Thanks

Archived