Bachmann Class 37 - 37/9 roof conversion

Hi I have been scouring round to find out if anybody does a Class 37/9 roof conversion kit to fit the Bachmann Class 37 models, the only kit I can find is Hurst models, but they state this is for either the Hornby or Lima 37's only.

Anybody have any pointers to if anybody produces any bits or does anybody have any really good roof pictures to aid a scratch building project if needs be.

Thanking you in advance

Craig.

The Hornby 37 body is pretty good dimensionally so there's no reason why the Hurst kit won't work quite well. You make need to undertake more work as the body design is different beneath but it should be fine.

He wants a model of one of the first type; the roof is very different. For 37 905/6 the model will only have a small change - the 'exhaust panel' is only slightly different. It was the case on earlier ones but not sure on later ones that Bachmann's body featured a seperately applied silencer group.

Craig,

Are these any help.

37901 ELR July 08

post-1161-0-67388700-1304710306_thumb.jpg

37906 ELR July 08

post-1161-0-46917300-1304710319_thumb.jpg

Hi Derek thanks for them pictures, aaah memories of the old Town where I hail from, I was up there last weekend at The Shakers last home game, having a pint or 3 at the trackside before and after the match, it was Thomas weekend, jeez it was busy.

Thanks for the pics they will come in useful for reference.

Best regards

Craig.

Archived