Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

16t minerals

• RMweb Gold

That was taken from my train home one afternoon. I commuted past it for about 25 years.

We lived in Leamington and Mum used to make frequent shopping trips to Brum on the train, happy days. That was late fifties early sixties when the factory was at the peak of its production life, not a lot left now though. Got some of their products from those days in the garage now.

Bren

• Like 1

Blimey! Lord Fisher takes me back. I had a brake van ride, with Lord Fisher in charge, on a school trip to the then very new East Somerset Railway. I can no longer remember the exact date but given that the ESR only opened to the public ~Easter 1975 and I can be certain that the trip was prior to the 1975 school summer holidays that leaves only a small window. I honestly can't imagine what the safety implications of conducting a group of 8 year olds on such an outing would now be but it seemed quite normal then.

The Orrell park shot is a scene I can vividly remember as a child, a train of double headded diesels with mineral wagons and a brake van moving along slowly, wagons being filled up with spoil from the lifted line by a digger, witnessed from that bridge in the background while my mum held me up, it wasnt that shot tho as I wasnt born until august 83.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold