In praise of LTC Rolt

martin_wynne

An early environmentalist, Rolt did much to make enthusiasm for a gentler and slower world popular

LTC Rolt reinvented for the Grauniad reader!

It is definitely a shame that the piece doesn't refer to more of his books - they've written an article on an author and only listed one of his books by name (and an obscure one at that).

There are some spectaculary daft comments on that page. I'm not sure what having a go at one of my former employers has to do with Mr Rolt:

and humiliating sham medicals conducted by a company that profits from it all.

• RMweb Gold

Rolt fans may like to know that you can rent his former writing lodge in the Cotswolds, situated right next to the GWSR, near Winchcombe.

It is a delightful spot and a warm welcome from Mrs Rolt who lives in the big house at the top of the garden!

Details at http://www.selfcateringholidaydirect.co.uk/show_cotdetails.htm?cid=1392

cheers,

Keith

I'm sure that modern folks will google Rolt if they find the article interesting and this should bring up many of his works.

I like the fact that at Shildon there is his car that was the first on the M1, he is inspirational to those of us that are like him and interested in various forms of transport.

Archived