P4 track company products

Has anybody ordered anything from the Exactoscale website? I rang to order some 'fasttrack' track bases, but the number seems unobtainable, and one can't leave a message.

I am reluctant to place an order by web if I can't speak to someone by phone 1st!

Regards,

Lee.

Len Newman, whose address and phone number appears on the website, is recuperating from illness and so communication is currently limited and fulfillment of orders may be delayed.

They should be at Railex in 10 days time so I will check the situation then (unless someone else already knows more).

They should be at Railex in 10 days time so I will check the situation then (unless someone else already knows more).

They were definitely present at EXPO EM at the weekend if that helps at all.

Adam

I am reluctant to place an order by web if I can't speak to someone by phone 1st!

Regards,

Lee.

What was your specific query, someone on here may be able to answer it without a call?

There was a communication about the situation with Len on the s4 forum, see http://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1376 which was basically covered by Rod.

MSE and Intercity models have at times been resellers for Exactoscale so you may be able to get supplies off them quicker if that might help.

Thanks for the replies. I tried Inter City models, the chap there is ill too. I just wanted to place an order for some track, I believe it matches correctly in height with Peco 75, and will save me the headache of building points.

Unfortunately I am not local to any of the shows. Will just have to wait I guess.

Regards,

Lee.

Maybe they're having a break after EMExpo... it was quite busy. I just checked the phone number on the card in with the 4mm working screw link coupling I bought from them - it's the same one as that on their website... so no help there I'm afraid.

Quick update for anyone interested.I spoke to Inter-City models today, and he has been out of stock of the track panels for over 2 months now, and does not know when new stocks are coming in.

Bit disappointed, using the track panels and Peco 75 points seemed to be a good compromise between complete Peco or hanbuilt track. Oh well, at this rate its just going to have to be good old Peco. At least its readily available.

Regards

Lee

Hi Mickey, thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at all kinds of options and combinations. The Exactoscale easitrack and Peco 75 really appealed, it seemed to offer the best balance of appearance, ease of construction, and cost.

Because of the supply problem, I think I am going to have to go back with my original idea of C and L, but with their 'turnout in a bag' kits, which have all the hard bits pre made.

Its much more expensive to build the turnouts this way, but means I get the finescale look I am after, and it will run well, something I wouldn't be capable of myself if I had to construct the points from raw materials.

I have given up trying to source any oo jigs to help with the filing and soldering of v's and switch blades, they just don't seem to exist.

Regards

Lee

Did anyone guarantee the Exactoscale panels end up the same height as Peco? I know I suggested them but I never actually checked. Edit: checked now, perfect match :)

Its much more expensive to build the turnouts this way, but means I get the finescale look I am after, and it will run well, something I wouldn't be capable of myself if I had to construct the points from raw materials.

I have given up trying to source any oo jigs to help with the filing and soldering of v's and switch blades, they just don't seem to exist.

Regards

Lee

The running can still be greatly knackered by you building them incorrectly so make sure to use the jigs properly to check gauge at all points..

4mm jigs; there is nothing specifically 00 about them. With the death of the original maker at Portsdown models the large metal block jigs are now harder to get 2nd hand. Draw a 1:7 etc onto a piece of wood though and nail another bit on top and that will do though. To solder them up you can again use two bits of wood nailed into the correct angle vee.

Switch blades I file away from me over my knee using an old green cutting mat to protect the trousers! This produces a good result and this is in P4. Admittedly the one side is harder as you have to avoid filing the foot of the rail off but the jigs didn't really deal with that anyway.

Did anyone guarantee the Exactoscale panels end up the same height as Peco? I know I suggested them but I never actually checked. Edit: checked now, perfect match :)

The running can still be greatly knackered by you building them incorrectly so make sure to use the jigs properly to check gauge at all points..

4mm jigs; there is nothing specifically 00 about them. With the death of the original maker at Portsdown models the large metal block jigs are now harder to get 2nd hand. Draw a 1:7 etc onto a piece of wood though and nail another bit on top and that will do though. To solder them up you can again use two bits of wood nailed into the correct angle vee.

Switch blades I file away from me over my knee using an old green cutting mat to protect the trousers! This produces a good result and this is in P4. Admittedly the one side is harder as you have to avoid filing the foot of the rail off but the jigs didn't really deal with that anyway.

Yes, I did think of that, and coincidentally, just took a delivery of some copperclad strip from C+L biggrin.gif Always doubt my ability to make anything that requires a lot of accuracy though.

Will maybe have a go this weekend and see what happens.

Regards

Lee.

Has anybody ordered anything from the Exactoscale website? I rang to order some 'fasttrack' track bases, but the number seems unobtainable, and one can't leave a message.

Regards,

Lee.

Just to say that I spoke to Len on the day you posted this - he is fully back up to speed, but there has been a big backlog of orders - mine came through on Friday after 8 weeks but I usually get things within a day or two. The number is

01245 263779

It is excellent stuff and worth the wait!

Best Wishes,

H

Len Newman, whose address and phone number appears on the website, is recuperating from illness and so communication is currently limited and fulfillment of orders may be delayed.

Update 1st June. Len has recently been very ill and is aware that many orders have been unfulfilled. In order to overcome this and as he is now improving he has taken on extra help (me) in order to clear the backlog of orders. I am working every day but there are quite a few outstanding orders. So please be patient. I haven't got round to telephone orders yet so the answerphone is full but will hopefully get there soon. After Railex at Aylesbury Len was again ill, his health is still a bit fragile so bear with us. I will do my best to get things done as fast as possible. your patience will be appreciated.

Archived