P4 track company products

Well, tried ringing again a couple of times today, same story. No answer, and message box full, not possible to leave a message.

Strange way to run a business!

Regards,

Lee.

See the update from Andy1626

Hi all. Andy, my best wishes to Len, health comes before anything else.

The Exactoscale track panels arrived from Wizard Models today, considering I ordered them yesterday afternoon, that is truly excellent service. Thank you :yes:

Conclusions. The Exactoscale is really fantastic looking stuff. It matches the rail height perfectly with Peco code 75 points. However, the narrowness of the Peco sleepering compared to the Exactoscale just looks wrong, to my eyes anyway.

So, it's back to plan A, handbuilt C and L points, along with C and L flexitrack. I can use 2 y points back to back to avoid the nightmare that is a double slip. I have been told they are a lot more difficult to build in 00, the finer check rail/frog clearances of EM and P4 actually create a bit more space to be able to cram everything in a bit easier.

But lets not even go down that route, rewheeling I can happily do without.

I guess we all learn in life, through bitter experience, the easiest options are generally quicker, but arent necessarily the best or most satisfying.

Right, off to bodge some more vees!

Regards,

Lee.

• RMweb Gold
The Exactoscale track panels arrived from Wizard Models today, considering I ordered them yesterday afternoon, that is truly excellent service.
- told you they were good :laugh:

be interesting to see what they look like with peco points, and whether you think the compromise is acceptable over handbuilding points, as its a dilemma that gets me every time?

Hi all. Andy, my best wishes to Len, health comes before anything else.

The Exactoscale track panels arrived from Wizard Models today, considering I ordered them yesterday afternoon, that is truly excellent service. Thank you :yes:

Conclusions. The Exactoscale is really fantastic looking stuff. It matches the rail height perfectly with Peco code 75 points. However, the narrowness of the Peco sleepering compared to the Exactoscale just looks wrong, to my eyes anyway.

So, it's back to plan A, handbuilt C and L points, along with C and L flexitrack. I can use 2 y points back to back to avoid the nightmare that is a double slip. I have been told they are a lot more difficult to build in 00, the finer check rail/frog clearances of EM and P4 actually create a bit more space to be able to cram everything in a bit easier.

But lets not even go down that route, rewheeling I can happily do without.

I guess we all learn in life, through bitter experience, the easiest options are generally quicker, but arent necessarily the best or most satisfying.

Right, off to bodge some more vees!

Regards,

Lee.

Lee I guess that slips can seem to be a bit daunting, but after building a few turnouts they are not too bad. If you are using 2 Y turnouts back to back then make sure you have 2 set points (bend in the rail just before the blade) each side. Finescale 00 is no harder to build than EM or P4 turnouts, its the 00 universal that is a bit of a pain.

Good luck, another tip is to make the V and wing rails up first. Then everything else will fall into place.

Quick update for anyone interested.I spoke to Inter-City models today, and he has been out of stock of the track panels for over 2 months now, and does not know when new stocks are coming in.

just seen this pete at inter-city models has been out of stock of all track panels since last november so i dont think he's stocking them any more

• 2 months later...

Hi again all.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Len? I spoke to him on the phone and placed an order for a good few track panels, but so far after 4 weeks of waiting, nothing :(

Hope he is ok. Just wish these panels were more readily obtainable.

Regards,

Lee.

Hi. I have made umpteen attempts to make contact by telephone, It's never answered, and one can't leave a voicemail message as the message box is full.

I am just presuming my order has been forgotten about. But I would like confirmation, as my credit card details and address were taken.

I have placed a small order with Wizard Models, who seem to be the only other stockist of the panelsI can find. I would give Wizard my full order, but not until I can cancel with Exactoscale.

It's all very frustrating, I just want to get on with my layout.

Regards,

Lee.

• 5 weeks later...

The three point gauges for OO - 16.5 that Slaters sell are pretty good. A triangle of metal with pairs of dimples to hold the rail head. However, long long ago there used to be a three pointer for 16.5 with downward pointing 'claws', (rather than Slaters domed dimples), does anyone know of a current supplier of these.? To hold code 75 railhead that is. Yes, I know I'm barmy, but there you go ...

The three point gauges for OO - 16.5 that Slaters sell are pretty good. A triangle of metal with pairs of dimples to hold the rail head. However, long long ago there used to be a three pointer for 16.5 with downward pointing 'claws', (rather than Slaters domed dimples), does anyone know of a current supplier of these.? To hold code 75 railhead that is. Yes, I know I'm barmy, but there you go ...

I doubt if you will find one, as they are not needed in 00 due to the combination of wheel treads, gauge & back to back. These negate the need to widen the track gauge.

If you model in 00-SF you will need a 3 point gauge, as the gauge will need to be widened on curves

Just had a thought this firm in the USA sells them http://www.handlaidtrack.com/Track-Gauges-For-Building-Trackwork-s/37.htm

Hi.

Just a quick update for what its worth, my Exactoscale order had been 'forgotten' about :scratchhead: , it turned up over 2 months after ordering. Given the nightmare of obtaining this stuff, I placed another order with Wizard models, that arrived next day :sungum:

I now have 50 metres of trackbases, hopefully enough to cover the layout.

Just need to lay it now!

Regards,

Lee.

Archived