Shawbury BR 1987-91ish in N gauge

1977joey

Don't hang about do you Mark :) Never realised Shawbury was that big, certainly was an impressive station size.

Cheers Scott, that was just it...the layout was a bit too imposing on the room, the next one won't be as much :) Thats the only thing with modern houses is the room sizes are really small.

Is it possible for you to post a rough sketch of what you propose to build? And will it still be Shawbury (the second) or local to that area?

Hi Andrew

I havn't finalized the excact track plan in my mind as yet, though the station will prob be 4 platforms, 2 through & 2 bays, a through loop & a couple of stabling sidings near by. It will defiantly be Shawbury as all the stock I have is for a Shrewsbury late 80's/early 90's theme. As soon as I order some new track & get my new baseboard which should be next weekend, I should know where i'm going with it & will post a plan :)

Where possible, i'm going to avoid the use of 1st radius track & set points, especially on the main lines. I shall just use these on the storage sidings at the back of the layout, & maybe for the stabling sidings on the viewing side if I don't have any room for the larger radius/points.

All the best,

Mark

Blimey,

Just thought I would drop in and see your progress, only to see that you are starting again.

Fair enough though, nothing worse than trains derailing to put you off enjoying playing trains. Hope the new layout works out for you, and I look forwards to following your progress.

Cheers Peter.

Blimey,

Just thought I would drop in and see your progress, only to see that you are starting again.

Fair enough though, nothing worse than trains derailing to put you off enjoying playing trains. Hope the new layout works out for you, and I look forwards to following your progress.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter :)

I've been doing a couple of rough sketches of a track plan today. I'll be getting the new baseboard next saturday, so will gauge how the track work will fit, then I can finalise a track plan.

Llanbourne always keeps me inspired too & I always look out for your updates on it :D

All the best,

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

i've only just noticed these posts so forgive my late reply.

I have the new baseboard for Shawbury No 2 in place & today i've finished the first track circuit, hoping to complete the 2nd tomorrow. The whole thing looks a mess at the moment with pieces of track & debris everywhere so I thought I would wait untill I have the track tacked down & fully tested before starting a new thread just in case I need to alter anything. Again i've had to compromise due to lack of space, but I'm happy with what i've come up with & what I have in mind.

It really has took time to just get this far with working shifts & life in general taking up my time off.

The new thread should appear shortly so keep an eye out ;)

All the best,

Mark.

Archived