Pullman liveried Stove R in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The N Gauge Society has received painted samples of its upcoming Pullman-liveried Stove R 6-wheel brake/luggage van from Dapol.

post-420-0-68246700-1305911900_thumb.jpg

The model features the classic Pullman livery of umber and cream, with fine lining and crests. The model is based on a vehicle preserved at the Bluebell railway and features the vehicle number correctly on the end, not the bodyside.

This is the first run of Pullman liveried Stoves; we've done versions in LMS Maroon, BR Crimson, BR Maroon, BR Blue and BR Red previously and they have been very well received.

These models are available for members to pre-order now, and should be ready for shipping in a couple of months.

cheers

Ben A.

I like it. Not got any pullmans at the moment. Come to think of it, apart from the one at the Bluebell, did they ever run in that livery?

Nope. Bluebell use it in that livery to save some money on another hired in vehicle providing its services. Prototype use is only the Bluebell in the last couple of year though that probably wont stop anybody as it does look nice.

Nope. Bluebell use it in that livery to save some money on another hired in vehicle providing its services. Prototype use is only the Bluebell in the last couple of year though that probably wont stop anybody as it does look nice.

Thanks for that. It's kind of what I thought. I'll have a think to see if I can come up with any vaguely plausible reason to run one.

I'll have a think to see if I can come up with any vaguely plausible reason to run one.

1. They really do look lovely!

2. I want one! (at least 1!)

3. It's my railway etc.

Come on, how many more plausible reasons do you really really need?B)

Richard

1. They really do look lovely!

2. I want one! (at least 1!)

3. It's my railway etc.

Come on, how many more plausible reasons do you really really need?B)

Richard

I was about to say something along the lines of 'I know, but...' and then I remembered that I'm the lass who's been considering getting an HST set repainted in blood and custard. [Yes, my layout is set in the late 60s, so it should be maroon instead :) ] :)

So I think anything I have to say has probably just been rendered irrelevant.

I'll have a think to see if I can come up with any vaguely plausible reason to run one.

Reason 4: It's (they are) here on trials for evaluation while management decide how many they need.dry.gif

Hope this helps!

Richard

• 2 months later...

Archived