Bachmann's 'Helpline'

Ceptic

Hi All

After e-mailing Bachmann UK, last week, and having not received a reply, to date, I tried to contact them a couple of times today, using their land-line number 0870 751 9990, as promoted in their papers included in their most recent products.

The conversation goes as follows....automated reply..."Sorry. This service is no longer available"...!!. ..with no further information.

I'm left wondering,...'Wha' th' 'eck ' ??!!

lf any one has a more recent update regarding getting through to Bachmann UK, other than the procedure I've already tried ..Please let me know.

Cheers & Thanks in advance.

I usually use the online form via the 'Contact Us' link on Bachmann's website. It can take a week or two for someone to reply but they usually do. I have just received an email in reply to a message sent on there last week regarding a repair needed to my Dynamis.

Hope that helps.

Have taken a look on Say No to 0870 and they give the geographical number as being 01455 841756.

Might be worth trying that number in case Bachmann have dumped off the 0870 tag as they are not the most popular of numbers.

Edit, this number is also listed on the Bachmann Collectors Club site.

Thank you, Peter, for your quick reply.

That's the 'Contact us' route I've used, in the past, also using the land-line number, and getting through to, sometimes, the men in charge.

It's good to talk. If not face to face...then voice to voice. via land phone, ...even e-mails seem a little impersonal.

But, to be fobbed off, with an automated reply, from, usually, a customer friendly Bachmann,...then, I start asking questions.

Cheers

Bachmann dropped the 0870 at least a year ago. Very occasionaly they have an automated response to call usally stating " Welcome to Bachmann Europe, if you know the extension require enter it now " or something similar. As sure as eggs are eggs they are still there and as helpful as ever. :help: :help:

Statement from Bachmann Europe Plc

There is nothing sinister in this. 0870 numbers were unpopular with many people and in response to customer feedback we reverted back to our former BT number 01455 841756 which is a manned switchboard available between 0900 and 1700 Monday to Friday. This change took place a couple of years back.

Both the Service Department and Bachmann Collectors’ Club can be accessed through 01455 841756.

I have checked the Bachmann Collectors’ Club home page which correctly shows the above number.

To order the above items please call us at the office where Katie or Jen will be happy to take your order

01455 841756

It is also shown at the top of the menu bar on the Bachmann Collectors’ Club home page.

I trust that this will reassure readers of RM WEB

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager

First of all, to Beacon, woodenhead, deltic56 and Andy Y. Many thanks . :good_mini: , for sorting me out

I'm 'A little bit older, and a little bit wiser' as they say.

As for Bachmann,.... hmm... I'd say it's time to get the Tippex out.

Again...hmm...Two years ago, this contact number changed, but it is still the only one given on their recent product inclusive paperwork. Re :- 32-650A 'Evening Star', and 31-375 'Blue EPB'.

The Collectors' Club flyer, also included, only gives reference to it's website. This begs the question 'How do computerless customers get in contact ?'.

Collector ?.Moi ?. I should cocoa..:laugh_mini:

Cheers & Thanks Again. Frank.

It's not just Bachmann who offer poor contact details. Good on them for letting us know, and for ditching the god-awful 0870 number.

Seriously irritating for us mobile users, and don't even start me on our local doctor's use of an 0844 number......criminal.

Anyone know how quick Bachmann are at turning repairs around ? My now out of warranty city of truro is dead.

Guest Max Stafford

Just spoken to them on the phone. Service department are on lunch at the mo, so ring in about 40 minutes (after I've been on!) if you have any enquiries! ;)

Dave.

Anyone know how quick Bachmann are at turning repairs around ? My now out of warranty city of truro is dead.

I just bought one of those and they seem so solid and indestructible. I was even thinking of buying a second one. What has happened to it ? Was it given a lot of running time ?

Directory Enquiries...Hmmm...Another question arises..

Using the 811 numbers, as promoted, on t'telly, invokes a £1 per minute charge.The 192.com alternative appears to be free.

My main moan is this, after looking at 'Say No to 870'.. it's worth asking.."Why should a customer of a well known product, have to faff about, trying various alternatives, in her/his attempt to get a message across ??".

Some might say 'write a letter', but even this doesn't guarantee a reply.

I know all of this depends on the recipients' good manners, and to reply as soon as humanly possible, but, the reliance on out of date contact numbers and machines to 'Take the heat off', really, winds me up.

Rant ends.....My opinion only.

I also appreciate that everyone's doing their best.

Cheers

I just bought one of those and they seem so solid and indestructible. I was even thinking of buying a second one. What has happened to it ? Was it given a lot of running time ?

Mine was bought at the time of release from the nrm. It saw a little test running then was boxed until a friend wanted to see it q couple of weeks ago. Dead !

Mine was bought at the time of release from the nrm. It saw a little test running then was boxed until a friend wanted to see it q couple of weeks ago. Dead !

When you find out what has gone wrong with it then could you please post an answer here ? I want to know what has happened to it before I buy another one.

Archived