Precision Paints Order

I've sent a number of emails to Precision Paints over the last three weeks, trying to order some paint to be shipped to Australia, but have not had any response. Is anyone aware if there are issues with their email?

Just checked their website and the home page says the site is under construction and some of the links may not work. Couple of clicks more and this message appeared...

I would suggest another mail, but not using a link from the site or if all else fails, a phone call. Using a web based telephone provider usually means a call to or from Oz can be a few pence and well worth the money to resolve the problem.

E Mails

We have recently been experiencing some problems with the website contact form.

E mails sent directly to us at sales@phoenix-paints.co.uk are not affected.

If you have sent an email to us in the last six weeks or so using the contact form and have not received a reply, please can you resend directly to us.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvinience this may have caused.

I was in one of my local model shops yesterday, after some Phoenix/Precision Super Strip, and some paints... the rack was nearly empty, and they said they've been waiting for a delivery from Precision for well over a month, and they weren't the only retailer struggling to get supplies...

If the UK retailers can't get stock, then for Australia...... :blink: :rolleyes: :(

I'd telephone them if I were you.

I would suggest another mail, but not using a link from the site or if all else fails, a phone call. Using a web based telephone provider usually means a call to or from Oz can be a few pence and well worth the money to resolve the problem.

Cheers Gordon - I had seen that notice, and didn't use a link for the e-address, but has cut-and-pasted it back to my own outbound email each time. I even used my work email for the last effort, thinking that PP may have a filter that is blocking mail from a Yahoo mail account.

But as you and F-Unit have suggested, it looks like it's going to be a phone call job.

Not a problem, but I just found it strange that there was no reply to any of the messages, and wondered if that was business as usual - especially when mine wasn't an enquiry, but a firm order.

I always use SKYPE when calling the UK from Australia. It only costs about three cents per minute. I have never had any problems with Phoenix Precision Paints but I have not ordered anything for a while. I hope there is no problem there because I don't know anybody else producing crimson lake.

I don't know who your e-mail service provider is but if it is one of the "freebies" (.yahoo, .hotmail, .gmail etc) then you may find that your email is being misinterpreted as spam and not ever reaching the inbox.

Always, in such cases where it appears that an email is not being read, I would first assume that it is not even being seen or received and would resort to a more conventional form of contact (telephone and letter) long before I would post anything that in anyway questions the integrity of the business.

Once all these normal avenues have been exploited, only then I might consider making inquiries through a "social" medium.

Jukebox,

I have used Precision for many years & have never ever bought direct, I always use Fox Transfers & usually recieve within a couple of days. Check out their website on www.fox-transfers.co.uk or you can email them on sales@fox-tansfers.co.uk. Ask for Mike Watts (the owner) & tell him Ian Harper from Peasholm Models told you to contact him. Prices are in line with those from Precision, good luck.

silverlink

Archived