Croxley Wiggenhall Road Depot Website

Xerces Fobe2

Due to a potentially serious issue which came to light today in relation to the current website hosting company (not the ISP) I have taken the decision to switch to an alternative website hosting provider for the my Croxley Wiggenhall Road Depot site http://croxleywiggenhallroaddepot.website.orange.co.uk . This decision was not lightly as it will involve more work in setting a new site up, however as events unfolded today it became apparent that this was the best cause of action for me to take.

The up side that the current Croxley WRD website is hosted on a Flash based templates, which whilst fairly easy to work with have serious limitations when it comes to navigation and this is also a format that Apple is moving away from.

I have looked at the various website hosting providers and a want provider that allows me to add content easily into web-page templates. Recommendations for best providers would be appreciated.

I am not sure when the current Croxley WRD site will go off line however I will set the new one up as quickly as possible and look to add additional functionality where possible. I will post details of the new website when on RMweb when I have it up and running.

Xerces Fobe

Hi Nigel

Have you thought of using Wordpress for your site? It is easy to change / edit / upload pages etc. There are also thousands of different templates to make it look how you want.

You can also get free hosting of the site at www.wordpress.com. If you did this your site would look like croxleywiggenhallroaddepot.wordpress.com

For a small amount ($10 I think) you can use a customised domain, so you could have it as www.croxleywiggenhallroaddepot.co.uk

As an example have a look at the Beresford Junction site www.beresfordjunction.co.uk

Hope this helps - if you need any more info let me know.

Cheers

Phil

That guys for your advice I will be using Wordpress in due course however to get things up and running quickly I am using iPage's basic editor.

The new website is up with and can be found at http://www.croxleywi...oaddepot.co.uk/ I plan to have a more professional looking site with more articles and content related to Watford DC Lines.

It will take a while to rebuild the site however I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Xerces Fobe

Archived