Tender identification.

• RMweb Gold

Can anybody identify this tender please? I'm fairly certain that it's from 'Mainline' and I think that it could be a BR1B, then again it looks like a Stanier type. I think that it came with a Mainline BR std4 but can't be sure. :help: Could it be 'a nothing-in-particular' early offering? I've compared it with a good drawing of a 7.25" gauge BR1B and it really does look very similar...but then again!

post-6728-0-08347000-1307536175_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-23217900-1307536187_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-03957900-1307536201_thumb.jpg

I think you have it, assuming that it actually has 'Mainline' on the underside. It is a model of a BR standard tender without a doubt, and Mainline's only BR standard tender loco model was the standard 4. I had no idea they did a BR1 type tender with this model though, and it doesn't appear on the collector site I quickly looked at appended below. Ooh, it must be RARE.

http://www.mainliner...Locomotives.htm

When Bachmann entered the UK market with its "Branchline" label, it re-released some of the former Mainline models including the BR Standard 4, together with at least one ex-Trix/Liliput model (the A4), incorporating the new "flywheel drive" mechanism (different to the old Mainline pancake motor).

The Standard 4 was otherwise to all intents and purposes the same as the Mainline model, but was also made available in double-chimney form - the BR1B tender was produced for this variation and is a Bachmann product.

All of this, of course, has been superseded by Bachmann's "new generation" Standard 4 with all-new tooling.

• RMweb Gold

I think you have it, assuming that it actually has 'Mainline' on the underside. It is a model of a BR standard tender without a doubt, and Mainline's only BR standard tender loco model was the standard 4. I had no idea they did a BR1 type tender with this model though, and it doesn't appear on the collector site I quickly looked at appended below. Ooh, it must be RARE.

http://www.mainliner...Locomotives.htm

If it says 'Mainline' on it then it will definitely be rare as they were never released (Ramsay's Guide says 'Never Made').

• RMweb Gold

Thanks all. I've actually found the loco that seems to go with it. Unfortunately it's not a rare Mainline product so I'm not going to become rich! The word 'rare' got me going at first! (I felt a bit of Ebay madness coming on!):P ;) The loco does indeed have 'Bachmann HongKong' underneath. It's a double chimney 75029. The other ones that I have do have a smaller tender, hence my question.

Archived