coupling hooks

hi, another question but this one is from my dad.<br /><br />hes got his own layout project in mind and he is looking for something like this for his couplings. he would prefer if they were metal but plastic will do, is there anything like this out there?

and is there any small chain link to match?

sir D.

post-9948-0-14800100-1307621992_thumb.jpg

hi, another question but this one is from my dad.<br /><br />hes got his own layout project in mind and he is looking for something like this for his couplings. he would prefer if they were metal but plastic will do, is there anything like this out there?

and is there any small chain link to match?

sir D.

I've lost touch with what is available for 4mm now but years ago I used PC models etched screw couplings for passenger stock. On the etches were hooks for safety chains, about the size you are looking for. I used them as nearly scale couplings for 009 slate wagons along with small link chain from the model boat section of a model shop. I've just looked through my "it'll come in useful one day box" and I still have 3 of the etches with about 60 hooks on them. If you are going to the members day you can pick them up from me or PM me with your address and I'll post them off to you, no charge just glad to see them used.

Phil Traxson

Archived