Zimo MX645R's back in stock at Digitrains.

kevpeo

My 20 and 47 are now sorted.

There's a clue there Paul ;) The 20 has also had cv57 turned down, but not by as much, and its only the newer handsets that have issues with cv300. As per Nigel's suggestion I've been looking for a way to turn off the railcom on the V3.6 Lenz handsets but no luck finding a solution yet. kev.

There's a clue there Paul ;) The 20 has also had cv57 turned down, but not by as much, and its only the newer handsets that have issues with cv300. As per Nigel's suggestion I've been looking for a way to turn off the railcom on the V3.6 Lenz handsets but no luck finding a solution yet. kev.

Kev,

It's easy to miss clues. biggrin.gif

I think Nigel may have been suggesting that you turn off RailCom on the decoder. CV#29, bit 3

Paul

Kev,

It's easy to miss clues. biggrin.gif

I think Nigel may have been suggesting that you turn off RailCom on the decoder. CV#29, bit 3

Paul

Paul, Kev,

I was thinking of turning off Railcom at both ends.

At the track, RailCom has tiny interuptions to the supply. This is a wild guess, but as interupting the supply the decoder will end the CV300 sequence, its just possible that the RailCom interrupts are causing the issue.

One approach to test it might be to add the stay-alive capacitor circuits which Zimo describe in their manual; that may keep the decoder on power over the RailCom interrupt (though it depends how the decoder deals with the RailCom interrupt, and in turn whether my wild guess is even remotely in the correct area).

Another approach to remove RailCom from the command station might be to use a booster on a stretch of track, and the booster is not RailCom capable. There are a lot of boosters which should work easily with a Lenz command station output.

Getting to the bottom of this might be very hard. With current industry in-fighting, I cannot see either Lenz or Zimo being very interested in an interworking issue between their products, whereas in more cooperative times they might both have been willing to test your stuff to get to an answer.

- Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Kev,

I can certainly back up what Paul is saying - CV300 [moving Functions and Volume etc] - works fine using the Lenz 100 handset, [no need for a computer] - no problems what so ever.

PM and I will forward the info.

Hi Cassey

Being another Lenz 100 V3.6 owner like yourself, would much appreciate a copy of Paul's "layer-cake" info for CV changing etc. After reading poor Kevpeo's dilema's, hopefully I won't have similar problems ;)

TIA

Ken

• 2 months later...

I've just been cleaning loco wheels ready for our show in two weeks and found a very nice surprise upon starting my Zimo fitted 20. I use 12v dc for powering loco's up for cleaning and on applying power the loco went straight to full speed! I guess the 645 bypasses all the CV allocations on dc, unlike the loksounds! Makes wheel cleaning a doddle, as well as making it run like a dc only loco on a non DCC layout if you like that kind of thing! :scratchhead:

Kev.

Archived