Light Pacifics With (Malachite) Green Wheels ?

Brian Haresnape in his book on Railway Liveries states that malachite green Bulleid light pacifics had black painted wheels but some had green.

I know the real 34090 (as re-produced by Hornby) had green wheels but can anyone let me know which (if any) of the other BB/WC locos ran with green wheels?

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian

I am only aware of 34090 "Sir Eustace Missenden, Southern Railway" having green wheels as it had a the special paint job at the time including a hand painted British Railways Lion and Wheel totem (the only others to receive the totem while still in malachite were 34036, 34071 and 34079)

As far I am aware no other Light Pacific gained green wheels (unlike the Merchant Navy class which all had them)

Hi Ian

I am only aware of 34090 "Sir Eustace Missenden, Southern Railway" having green wheels as it had a the special paint job at the time including a hand painted British Railways Lion and Wheel totem (the only others to receive the totem while still in malachite were 34036, 34071 and 34079)

As far I am aware no other Light Pacific gained green wheels (unlike the Merchant Navy class which all had them)

Graham - many thanks!

Ian

Archived