OOWorks

Guest Belgian

Guest Belgian

Can anyone point me to a working website for Rod's brilliant OOWorks? The one I had just produces a 404 response.

Ta.

Jeremy English

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone point me to a working website for Rod's brilliant OOWorks? The one I had just produces a 404 response.

Can't help, sadly, but that's been the case for some weeks. I always worry when a one-man-band type operation goes offline - the "industry" is already contracting fast enough!

I didn't know that 00 Works had a website! Both times that I've bought from them (last to date was an H Class tank last July), I've made contact by phone (and then posted the cheque when I've received the invoice once the model was ready for despatch).

Phone number is 01580 882 185, and 'they' are nice to talk to!

Postal address in in any of their adverts, but for completeness sake, it is:-

"Brendon", Langham Road, Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32 5DT

Still advertising in the curent editions of their usual mags, including 'RM'

Do come back on here, please, once you have made successful contact!

Richard

They seem to have dropped off the electronic world. I pre-ordered a Midland 2F about a year ago and haven't heard a dickeybird since.

John

I would say 'Don't panic, Capt Mainwarring!' This was exactly my experience with each loco I've bought from 00 Works. One orders by phone when a new model is announced, so as to be sure of a place in the queue. Time passes, up to 18 months!) then a letter arrives asking for payment as the loco is ready. The loco arrives very rapidly after OO Works have received the cheque.

I hope you will find a similar scenario, but if you are concerned or want to confirm that all is well, why not give them a ring? The 00 Works advert always states ' Order by telephone'. At least they don't publicise a website nor an e-mail address that then may or may not produce a response, like a certain shop in Yorkshire! (I've already got my coat, it's OK!)

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone have one of their Midland 2Fs (I see they are now promoting a round-top version). I got mine a few weeks ago and am still running it in on club nights. It must have had at least ten hours so far. It goes fine on a continuous run but slow speed control still leaves a lot to be desired. What have other peoples experiences been of running in times please.

I got mine yesterday Bruce. Had a quick play and I'm quite pleased with the looks and performance. I won't be able to run it round the club layout until January. My plan is to convert it to EM. I have been working on converting the OO Works L&Y saddle tank to EM, and recently got the compensated chassis running freely. One possible reason the 2F chassis is not as free running as one would like is that, like the Saddle Tank, I assume it has a quite strong spring bearing on the center axle - this produces quite a lot of friction.

John

I wouldn't expect tight spots but you would know better than me having run the loco. The gearbox too has wide gears which will have some friction as well. For those that haven't got one, a nice feature is that the tender trailing axle has electrical pickup. Not so good is that there is no tender brake detail. There is no water pick up gear, but then I don't know if the prototype had this. I need to do some research to determine what tender is fitted. The paperwork says 3250 gal and it resembles a Deeley. A quick comparison with the Bachmann 3F tender shows up some significant differences. Anyway it will be fun to bash the model into what I want.

John

Archived