Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

Goathland Model Railway Show 2011

Goathland Village Hall YO22 5AL

Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th July.

10am to 4.30pm

Entrance 80p

Layouts :-

Streoneshalh - 00 Club layout, 40's/50's terminus in the North East.

Wensleydale Cement & Lime Company - 0 club layout, industrial.

Laycock Yard - 00 80's, by Arte

Whitborough Quay - 00 by Jaymzhatstand.

Deepdale - EM by Durham Light Infantry

and Thomas

Trade :-

Pickering Model Centre

DRM

Club sales

Demonstrations

Refreshments

Tombola

Free Parking

If I'm not working (sod's law says I will be now!) we will hopefully pop in! Always think it's a lovely little show! We had a very pleasent time last year.

and Thomas

Very kind of you to include my little boy! ;)

It's always been an excellent day out - a trip on the NYMR, a visit to a friendly little show, and a good "natter" with all concerned. All for 80p! Well apart from the NYMR ticket. The tea and cakes are quite nice too! Where have I heard that before! All being well will be there on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Paul! Any images of it in new North Eastern mode? Would be good to catch up with it again!

I don't have any at the moment, I took a couple at Bishop Aukland in May but the lighting wasn't too good. I'll get some over the weekend though.

It's a grand day out, a small but beautifully formed exhibition. The layouts are not intimidatingly large but very well detailed. Me, my Mrs and our Bassets travelled from Grosmont on the NYMR. I enjoyed the exhibition, then we walked the Rail Trail back to Grosmont via Beck Hole for beer and sandwiches. Thanks to all in Whitby & District MRC.

Had a great weekend, found a few things we could do on Streoneshalh that might improve operation but amazingly apart from a feed to a point blade the layout worked faultlessly* all weekend.

*barring the occasional whoops from us operating :laugh:

Both club layouts dismantled and back in the cupboards at the club within an hour.

Now going to begin mild panic to get my layout ready for Redcar in 12 days :help:

Still there's nothing like a deadline to inspire you!

Mike

Archived