S&D special - Model Rail in July

Model Rail mag is advertising a S&D special in July (2011) including Evercreech, The Pines Express and Midford..

I will be especially interested in the latter as it was my old 'stamping ground, and last year i attempted to model the viaduct, (which I did, but realised I could not fit it all into may garage, so decided to model Wellow instead!)

I hope they include the old ex-GWR ("Titfiled Thunderbolt") line as well.

BW

Richard

Hi Chris, in that case I will buy it! (The magazine).

BW

Richard Stevens

If you haven't bought the mag for a bit, I think you'll like the new clearer less fiddly look. Lots is stuff about making things too.

Midford was fun, I originally thought of it as long shelf layout, but then working with Richard Foster over at HQ it became a roundy roundy with functioning GWR line underneath. Obviously there's a bit of compression in OO in that I've suggested just 6 spans for the viaduct, but I don't think the effect is compromised. Another bonus is that most of the non-railway buildings are all still there. I'd really like to build it at some stage, but might just have to build the structures in the mean time. I'm hoping the SDRT would be able to help with station building plans as and when it happens.

Samuel - thanks for the Kays link, I thought they were long gone....

Just imagine rails......

post-6681-0-27951100-1308647930_thumb.jpg

14th of July ;)

Averton Hammer is HUGE, it is the 3rd biggest I've snapped with Pendon the biggest, followed by Pete Waterman's Leamington at no.2. There are some lovely scenes on it capturing several well loved parts of the real SDJR. Nice people too!

Went to get Model Rail today. The July edition has a trailer page at the back for the next one, due out it says on 14 August, and its that one that will have all the S&D stuff.

Regards.

Tim.

Thanks Tim. Re-reading my OP I can see it may be ambiguous.

BW

Richard

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to this issue, I really like the S&D and do fancy a nice big roundy-round one day, even if it wasn't the true S&D in the form of Warmley Station or something similar! Seeing that nearly everything is now available in RTR form there's no excuse really! laugh.gif

Regards,

Nick.

• RMweb Gold

Warmley Station or something similar

Warmley has actually been done, very nicely, in OO, and has been published, I think as a 'Layout that never leaves home' - can't recall the builder, perhaps others can remind us?

I've always thought that Mangotsfield would make a super model, don't think that it's been done yet?

• RMweb Gold

Warmley has actually been done, very nicely, in OO, and has been published, I think as a 'Layout that never leaves home' - can't recall the builder, perhaps others can remind us?

It's in an old Model Rail and a more recent BRM. Can't remember the chaps name though. He did it in 12ft by 8ft, if memory serves me, copper clad sleepers with SMP for the running lines.

I've always thought that Mangotsfield would make a super model, don't think that it's been done yet?

Pass on that one.

• RMweb Gold

Hmm Mangotsfield - thought of it many times myself (see my Avatar) someone on here is thinking of doing it (don't recall who). The triangular arrangement of the lines maybe a challenge though.

Neil

Hmm Mangotsfield - thought of it many times myself (see my Avatar) someone on here is thinking of doing it (don't recall who). The triangular arrangement of the lines maybe a challenge though.

Neil

Especially if using DCC!

BW

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Archived