Unknown coupler

gardenrail

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a loop off a Bemo coupler if this is a 009 wagon, the shank is homemade from brass channel by the look of it as a copy of a Bemo design.

Is this 009? or larger, as your forum name suggests, if it is large scale then it certainly follows the HOe / HOm Bemo design.

This is the link for the ones for 009

http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_PARKSIDE_DUNDAS__ACCESSORIES_.html

I'm fairly sure it's a Paul Windle coupling, if it is then you can get them from Parkside Dundas (or direct from Paul).

It's very similar to the Greenwich couplings which are also readily available. Both types are able to be automated with the use of magnets.

I'm fairly sure it's a Paul Windle coupling, if it is then you can get them from Parkside Dundas (or direct from Paul).

Deffinately a Paul Windle: contact me by PM if you want Paul's contact details...

Paul

Thanks everybody. I couldn't ask for swifter replies. As I live over 12,000 miles away from the source of these, I will probably buy from Parkside as they have a usable website and have given me good service in the past.

The 'gardenrail' name is a blast from the past, when I could do things like that. Anno Domini and a few medical problems mean that I must now model in small scale and on a small scale, so something like this that really looks both robust and workable suits. Still 'nil illegitimo carborundum' (Don't let the bas***ds grind you down).

Ron

Archived