Chivers Finelines

finelines

• RMweb Premium

Last year we had a reshuffle of the business and as a result of the optimism engendered I expected to plough ahead, but it didn’t happen, it got worse. I made plans and promises that I have been unable to keep, so we’re having another go.

I am describing it as semi-retirement. Matthew (Five79) is taking over the whitemetal 009 kits, including using Parkside Dundas as the retailer. The only difference this will make is they should be better stocked than they have been for the last few years. Matthew is also working on new projects of his own.

This leaves me with the plastics. Simon has turned out an extremely good retailer of our 016.5 and 0n30 (Slimrails) so we are working on him taking over all our in house retail sales. For those of you who have never dealt with Simon you will find it a breath of fresh air compared with me. Don’t think too loud or the kit will be on its way to you and the money will be out of your bank! He also does paypal. This will not affect our retailers.

As you can see that will take away from me much of the day to day stress, leaving me free to be the carer I have to be and to some extent do my own thing. I want to build two layouts so I have decided to make all my new products relevant to them.

Roger

Guest Max Stafford

Roger,

I wish you and your good lady well. You deserve a bit of a break after the battering you've both had at the hands of the fates so you just crack on and do your own thing, you've earned it.

And thanks for all the modelling pleasure you've given me with your marvellous kits!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

You're talking as if I were disappearing completely, I am hoping that this step back will enable you to have more fun with the models I am expecting to produce in the future. I still need to earn some cash!

Roger

You're talking as if I were disappearing completely, I am hoping that this step back will enable you to have more fun with the models I am expecting to produce in the future. I still need to earn some cash!

Roger

I have the paint, transfers and adhesive for the Thompson 6 wheel brake, all I need is the kit!! :rolleyes:

Good luck with this move Roger.

cheers, Peter C.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

After a break that has dragged on far longer than I had expected, I think we are at last moving forward. Matthew (Five79) is busily restocking the 009 and will continue supplying through Parkside.

Simon (Slimrails) has taken delivery of the first of my plastic 4mm and N gauge to put onto his website. He will feed then as we get them produced and packed. I was pleasantly surprised when I found how many almost packed kits we have. I am hoping to have the stockists restocked for the beginning of the exhibition season. If you want to buy direct in future it will be from Simon.

This will probably take me out of the retail end of the business once we have cleared outstanding orders. I intend to only make things that I want to make and we have two items to finish, the Thomposon Full Brake and the Sea Urchin.

Roger

Simon (Slimrails) has taken delivery of the first of my plastic 4mm and N gauge to put onto his website.

<rubs hands together> B)

Any hints of what's becoming available Roger?

Pix

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just spoke to Mark at Trains and Transport and he confirms that he has sold out of OTAs, but has varying quantities of the rest. I will not be supplying any more until we have cleared our outstanding retail orders. It might be an idea to remind me that you are waiting for some. Although I'm considerably improved in my health I am not where I want to be.

As I said earlier there are another 3 prototypes wailting in the wings to be reintroduced, but Simon (Slimrails) will do his best to advise about others.

I floated the idea of a plywood side for the SR Utility van which received a warm welcome, but so far my illness has not allowed me to cut a successful die yet. It is amazing how deep the tentacles of depression dig into you. I will float another one die job and that is the other type of stakes on the OTA.

Roger

Archived