Meridian Models and Chivers Edward Thomas.

I'm deciding to get these two instead of the Sir Haydns. I will require help when the time comes. I'm open to the same thing you guys say. Neville said the order once produced would take one to two weeks to reach the states and I said two short wheelbase chassis. I'm open to the same advice as with Sir Haydn and I'm still okay with beginning with rtr locos and stock.

Buy the kit and have a go. The best way to learn stuff like this is by 'doing'. Post what you're doing on here at each stage and take it slowly and ask for ideas and opinions.

The problem is we don't know what you're capable with your modelling so until we see some it's a bit of an unkonown quantity so it's hard to advise.

I'm good at building things but I'm not sure I'm OO9 kit building good but my friend who works at hobby world and is an adult who's good at kit building could help me but if he's too busy, I don't mind asking you guys for help, I need your help because the guys at ngrm banned me for good because they thought I wasn't taking advice and was trolling when I was just giving compliments to them :(.

When you say your friend 'is an adult', do you mind me asking how old you are?

The only way to learn with this hobby is by having a go - I think a nice Chivers kit would be a good starting point so why not try it?

I'm starting off with the Chivers kit so I can get the hang of kit building and I've build Gundam model kits mind you so I think my model building skills might be up to par with kit building still but I am a little rusty at it.

Archived