RMweb Members' Day 2011 - feature on Model Railways Live

Chris1701

Oh dear - that might have been me Phil and Tim as I see the back of my head and the other two in the background in the still shot - we were ready to go and came looking for Andy to say thanks and goodbye and had no idea you were in the middle of an interview. :lol:

Mike

No worries Mike - it was such a busy day, it was actually a chuckle to see so many people trying to nab Andy at the end biggrin.gif

Hello Chris

Glad that my comments where taken in the spirit that they where offered and pleased to know that future clips will have proper consideration.

One thing I will say is I wouldn't mention your woes about time and tripods, lights, etc to some of my colleagues who work PSC (portable single camera) crew for the likes of the BBC, ITV and Sky (and me when they bring their rates down). They may make that piece to camera outside the high court or a quickly snatched interview with the latest departing footie manage look easy peasy, but believe me there is an awful lot of technique and know how involved and it requires more than just a camera.

Hello Chris

Glad that my comments where taken in the spirit that they where offered and pleased to know that future clips will have proper consideration.

One thing I will say is I wouldn't mention your woes about time and tripods, lights, etc to some of my colleagues who work PSC (portable single camera) crew for the likes of the BBC, ITV and Sky (and me when they bring their rates down). They may make that piece to camera outside the high court or a quickly snatched interview with the latest departing footie manage look easy peasy, but believe me there is an awful lot of technique and know how involved and it requires more than just a camera.

Hi Nile

Yes - it's early days as far as my equipment goes. I'm ex-tv production myself (camera assistant and lighting cameraman at one time), so, unfortunately for me, every single time I'm not using a tripod, light(s), reflectors, scrim etc I get a nasty twinge in the stomach ;-) But that's how it goes, for now - my main role is looking after the website and scripting/producing upcoming DVDs, so the coverage of events is very much an 'extra' that I fit in rather than a properly planned production. So no PSC, steadicams, booms or even tie-mics for now I'm afraid - just a digital SLR.

That said, I do have full-HD (and a small tripod that I can get close to layouts with) on their way, so whilst I might not have the time for 3-point lighting, I can at least stabilise higher-quality footage..! :)

Kind regards

Chris

Is there anything of the demo's, side stands as there seems to be very little taken of the people sat on the side lines and not on layouts. Thanks.

Hi Two Tone,

I would have really liked to have covered everything, but in-between manning the stand we had there I just ran out of time unfortunately. I think that next year (especially if there are more than 20 layouts) I'll approach it differently and cover highlights - which at least might mean I can cover a bit of everything.

cheers,

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Is there anything of the demo's, side stands as there seems to be very little taken of the people sat on the side lines and not on layouts. Thanks.

Have you looked at Allegheny's pics as he has a few of the 'side stands' and I'm sure among someone's pics I noticed Mrs Two Tone Green but you seem to have been hidden by the crowd, obviously busycool.gif

Yes, it was a busy day, better than expeted and so I did not get around to taking photos as I normally would have.

I'll look out for Mrs TTG, she did a good job as well minding the store and keeping me fed and watered. I hope she can make next year as well.

Archived