Model Rail 159 - August 2011

chrisf

I apologise that it isn't yet uploaded. Only one person is trained in the process and he's currently away.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks Chris, I'll keep looking.

Excellent issue by the way, even though the S&D to me is up in the NE of England! :rolleyes:

I was impressed enough with this issue to buy it! I am not an S&D modeller but think it is a wonderful railway. Julian Birley's model is stunning and must rank with the very best in the country. Mr. N's pictures are. as ever, magnificent and I do hope that we will be seeing more of Julian's railway in the future. In the meantime congratulations to all concerned.

Martin Long

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations on a superb issue! Picked this up today and was immediately awe-struck with it.

One of THE best issues from any railway mag in my opinion - keep up the good work.

Chris Nevard's photography as already mentioned is absolutely superb and the layouts in the issue must be some of the best in the country.

Not much more I can add apart from the fact that it is developing ideas in my head for a large Southern layout (that I don't have room for - yet!).

Jam

What a lovely readership you are guys!:wub:

Julian's layout is quite superb (Do a YouTube search for many of his own videos of Everceech New) and it was great fun trying to put the camera in the same place as Ivo Peters' on the real railway. Of course my camera in 7mm scale is about 30 feet across, so an exact position match wasn't always possible but hopefully close enough to get the spirit. There are alot more photos in the can of all 3 layouts, so hopefully some more of them will appear in due course.

What a lovely readership you are guys!:wub:

Julian's layout is quite superb (Do a YouTube search for many of his own videos of Everceech New) and it was great fun trying to put the camera in the same place as Ivo Peters' on the real railway. Of course my camera in 7mm scale is about 30 feet across, so an exact position match wasn't always possible but hopefully close enough to get the spirit. There are alot more photos in the can of all 3 layouts, so hopefully some more of them will appear in due course.

There are some more in issue 160, which has just landed on my desk, so.......

cue New Topic......MR160

CHRIS LEIGH

• 3 weeks later...

HI all

I must say this issue was cracking bit on the S&D , but I did notice one thing in the Super test Couplings .

In the bit about the Spat and Winkle review , "Cosmetic three link couplings can be fitted to the hooks for extra realism, Magnet beneath the rails attract the coupling ‘paddle thus detaching the hook from the wire".

The thing is without the three link couplings being add they will not work as brass is non magnetic !

HI

The couplings are Sprat and Winkle ,i am now fitting them to all my rolling stock and they work very well once you have set them up.

I used to have three links and look very good ,but are a real pain to use and do not stop buffer lock ,where the sprat and Winkle do keep the rolling stock apart.

Hope this helps

Darren

• 1 month later...

Archived