My head hurts

rouse2037

So what track plan are you going for then? :)

Hmmm "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue!" to coin a phrase. Still very undecided... First time that I have had such a mental block (as far as this compartment of my tiny brain is concerned) It will, I hope, become clear.

Paul - thanks for the thoughts, makes a lot of sense.

Roger

Hi, Roger

If I read your comments correctly, it look like you may have a total length of 9ft 3ins available.

Here are a couple of plans that would alow you to run that nice NS U23B and modern 50ft cars.

First, another 'double inglenook'. This one has a run-around.

post-7898-0-81260200-1310549601_thumb.jpg

or my 'inglenook' layout CSX Palmetto Spur

post-7898-0-24482100-1310549818_thumb.jpg

Have fun,

Mal

Hi Mal

Thanks for the advice, info and plans!

I have been pottering about with track and turnout templates and keep coming back to pretty much the same thing that appeals to me the most - maybe its because of the enjoyment I get from shunting on Neptune Road inglenook.

It's pretty much a "Palmetto" but the other way around - if I use the 3' x 6" section as the headshunt and the 6' x 12" length to hold the sidings etc. it looks like some interesting switching.

By jove I think I should stop now!

Roger

Progress - Order placed with Model Junction for 3 x Code 83 turnouts.. and a few other bits..:pleasantry:

Thinking of "concrete paving" methods for the track to be set in - probably opt for Mr Mindheims plastic sheet method. I've used card before but have had some problems with that way.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Look forward to seeing progress with your Inglenook.

I used Wills 'Cement Rendering' sheets on Palmetto for road surfaces. It has a textured finish and looks good after painting and weathering with chalks.

Lance even gave me a tip - use a fine sharpened black coloured pencil and lightly draw 'cracks' . Works well.

regards,

Mal

Cheers Mal

And as luck would have it - chap at work yesterday gave me several biggish sheets of thin plastic that were from some packing (in a delivery) that look just like those Wills cement rendering sheets!

Nice box of goodies arrived today from Model Junction - including the turnouts.

Since I took the pic, the front facia has been painted olive green and the foam top is now brown.

Cheers

Roger

post-3021-0-49151500-1311888958_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had some time this week to lay track and turnouts. Hope to wire (DCC) it all up this weekend. Order placed with Model Junction for some building kits. Several lovely Exactrail cars received a few weeks back from USA.

Itching to do some switching!

Pics to follow..

Roger

Hi Roger,

Nice to see your making progress with the layout and look forward to seeing your pics.

This looks like my kind of layout :no:

Thanks for your comments of my pics of Palmetto

regards,

Mal

Archived