Mk3 Virgin Silver Mk3 DVT

Stu from EGDL

But that was my point - where are you going to find the space to do that? You struggle in both the horizontal plane ie behind the fairing and before interfering with bogies and the vertical plane ie because the fairing slopes back towards the bogies. Even if you do fit it in you are still going to be left with a fairly large slot.

A slot in the fairing is still better than the whole valence/faifing moving with the bogie.

PS I suppose you think that the Dapol should a revised 60 given that has the same problem ;-)

In exactly what way does the Farish 60 have exactly the same problem (valance fixed to and moving with the bogie) as the Farish 90?

Having started to try and detail a Farish 90, the waxy plastic used for the faring has so far made it impossible for me to reliably attach it to the bodywork ... the next attempt (as suggested by someone on here) will be drilling holes in both faring and body, and using small bits of brass wire to try and add some grip to the epoxy. Added to that, I'm not at all confident about any paint sticking in the long term.

Given that, I'd happily bin it and buy a new higher standards model!

• RMweb Gold

Justin

What I did was use superglue to attach a layer of plastic card to the top part of the fairing. I then used superglue to attach the complete fairing to the body. Having said which epoxy should work as well.

The "waxy" plastic is the standard stuff that Farish have used for years for bodies and takes paint OK provided it is clean and primed.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks for the hint red death, however I didn't have any luck with that method. After I couldn't get a but-joint to work, adding plasticard was my first thought - however, even with roughing up the plastic and trying (separately) superglue, epoxy, and plastic cement, I couldn't get anything to give a robust enough joint to survive handing while I did the rest of the detailing! Very annoying.

Did you use a premium glue? Or maybe Farish have changed their plastic recently? (my model was the most recent Virgin livery release)

Thanks

Justin

Archived