Zimo digitrains sound

edam_cheese

Having read through the manual, looked at previous posts on here and attempted a bit of trial and error I am still struggling with the following. I have the Zimo MX645 with Digitrains sound fitted into a Bachmann class 20. I am trying to alter the speed steps at which the various sounds change (i.e. the engine note changes as the speed increases). Due to the restricted size of my layout I would like the sounds to be available over a lower speed range. I have tried altering CV 5 and 6 (max and mid speed votages) but this only has the effect of increasing the speed value at which the sound changes, i.e. it now changes at speed step 60 instead of 30 (for example), so the loco is effectively still moving at the same speed as before. I have had success doing similar tweaks with Loksound decoders but this is my first experience of Zimo. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi Edam

I have checked my 20's and mine are set as follows,

CV5 - 1

CV6 - 1

CV57 voltage Ref - 75

This works for mine ok.

If you want more thrash, wait until the multi drive version is available shortly at Digitrains, - as much thrash as you want via F3 F4 and F5.

Sounds like multi drive would be the solution, otherwise the top end sounds are out of reach for the majority of the time. Yes perhaps the sounds are realistic for the low speeds I generally run at but it's always good fun to have a bit of thrash on tap!

Sounds like multi drive would be the solution, otherwise the top end sounds are out of reach for the majority of the time. Yes perhaps the sounds are realistic for the low speeds I generally run at but it's always good fun to have a bit of thrash on tap!

Digitrains will always re program your Zimo free of charge with the new multi drive sounds.

Take a listen to the 37, - multi drive - 'Thrash on tap':yahoo:

Would fiddling the track reference voltage CV work for the Zimo ? It has interesting useful effect on CT chips; you tell it an infeasibly high track voltage and the speed at which things happen drop no end.

Other options might include the 28 point speed table, and the speed calibration in CV135/136 (page 25 of manual). I think the latter could be lied to to give a slower loco (ie. measure it over a shorter than official distance, or otherwise fiddle the numbers). I've not tried this on a Zimo sound chip.

- Nigel

Archived