Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Theres a swag available if you search for it on Google.I had a look last night MFJ if thats any help.

Forgive my ignorance Wummyock but "swag" was something a burgler made off with in my day, and I can only imagine what MFJ stands for, my scincere thanks for your time and effort but could you perhaps explain for an old fart.

I just as well post a picture whilst i'm here.

post-5799-0-50931300-1336576593.jpg

Kevin.

• Like 2

cool, thanks. Much easier than a picture of spagetti wiring!!

hopefully I will see you at the Tonbridge show next year, maybe with my class 25, DCC Sound!!!!

cheers for the decoder wiring!!!

MurrayField Junction!!

• RMweb Premium

Forgive my ignorance Wummyock but "swag" was something a burgler made off with in my day, and I can only imagine what MFJ stands for, my scincere thanks for your time and effort but could you perhaps explain for an old fart.

Kevin.

I guess that he means the book is available if you look for it using Google and MFJ (Murrayfield Junction)?

thanks for the info, I really found Exford Park an inspiration. I been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a class 50 in NSE livery, where did you get yours????

loving the layout and keep up the good work!!!!

MurrayField Junction

• RMweb Premium

thanks for the info, I really found Exford Park an inspiration. I been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a class 50 in NSE livery, where did you get yours????

loving the layout and keep up the good work!!!!

MurrayField Junction

Hi MFJ ;)

Thanks for your kind words. My 50s all came from the usual Box Shifters or ebay, and you will always find some on ebay. Do I take it you're the fella who bought the DCCsound 25 after watching us on Leaford for a while?

cool, thanks. Much easier than a picture of spagetti wiring!!

hopefully I will see you at the Tonbridge show next year, maybe with my class 25, DCC Sound!!!!

cheers for the decoder wiring!!!

MurrayField Junction!!

Thanks MurrayField your welcome.

I guess that he means the book is available if you look for it using Google and MFJ (Murrayfield Junction)?

:scratchhead:

Excellent pictures, love the MOD trains. :)

Cheers ess1uk.

Back to The Freight Only Yearbook on page36 there is a picture of the 6V37 Sheerness - Cardiff Tidal headed by Railfreight Distribution liveried 47225 two steel loaded BDA's and three empty SPA's

post-5799-0-57329500-1336594575.jpg

Bye for now.

Kevin.

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

I like the lastest pics, How did you do the steel loads on your BDAs?

If you like a bit of late 80s early 90s freight then the Railscene Railfreight today series of videos/ DVDs are worth a look.

Cheers Peter.

The railfreight today videos/dvd set were available through the works a while back. They seem to come out occasionally. I seem to recall they were around £5 for the se which included ireland and the update. The only problem was the narrator would sometimes talk over the locos. :protest:

Paul

• RMweb Premium

I like the lastest pics, How did you do the steel loads on your BDAs?

Pete, Kevin doesn't visit much so I'll answer for him. The loads you can see are garden wire cut to length and painted steel/rust/dirty colours and attached to the wagons with straps from painted strips of masking tape.

HTH

I just as well post a picture whilst i'm here.

post-5799-0-50931300-1336576593.jpg

Kevin.

Sorry Kevin,maybe its just some local way of using the word swag(infact thinking about it I think I picked up the use of it from being in NZ).I meant there was a lot of em for sale when I googled the book after you mentioned it earlier.MFJ was me shortening Murrayfield Junctions name.

Edited by Wummyock

Sorry Kevin,maybe its just some local way of using the word swag(infact thinking about it I think I picked up the use of it from being in NZ).I meant there was a lot of em for sale when I googled the book after you mentioned it earlier.MFJ was me shortening Murrayfield Junctions name.

Wummyyock I think It is more of a senior moment on my part, you didn't have to google for it at all but you did and I thank you for that.

To continue with The Freight Only Yearbook 1990 on page 91 there is an excellent picture of the 6L98 Tyneside Central Freight Depot to Ripple Lane distribution service, below my attempt to model this train, note the Explosives VEA on the rear - its ok though it's empty.

post-5799-0-80766500-1336814277.jpg

Hi Pete (PCM) thanks for the information I will look them up, also thanks to Ian (Temeraire) for filling in for me the loads on the BDA's is Florists Wire to be precise, I only say this because it will probably be easier to find some if you ask for florists wire (I assume it is meant for flower arranging etc) It is also very handy because it is heavy and therefore adds weight to lightweight especially kit built stock.

Another picky this time featuring an additional Speedlink service on the West Coast Mainline and includes PWA Pallet Vans, VDA Vans, and what seems to be a compulsory now loaded BDA at the head of the train from page 73 of the afore mentioned book.

post-5799-0-16748000-1336815063.jpg

My thanks also to Paul (G-DIMB) for the information ref the videos.

In the picture on page 73 as it is taken on the West Coast Mainline it was being headed by a class 85, unfortunately they did not get to down to the Leaford area to often as someone put the electrical feed system in the wrong place, so I have changed it to something a little more likely.

post-5799-0-63246400-1336815470.jpg

At least the colour was the same, I hope you like the fotos.

Kevin.

• Like 5

Thanks Ian & Kevin,

I will look out for some as I have a couple of BDAs needing a load.

Really like the last pic with Slim jim on freight.

Cheers Peter.

• 4 weeks later...

HI Kevin, hope all is well.

It must be time for a photo of the latest NSE addition to Leaford.

Hi guys I havn't looked in for a while, just time for a quick pickie before I have to go to work.

An 08 shunter is camara shy and tries to hide behind a bridge piller, as the driver of an ancient DAF 2800 parks up to go and get some fags from the shop over the road.

post-5799-0-98544500-1339565083.jpg

More soon.

Regards.

Kevin.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this Murrayfield and I can answer it for you, yes it's a Bachmann and yes it's weathered and sound fitted too!

Yes fitted with a Howes sound chip, Bachmanns 0865 shows of its weathered paintwork.

post-5799-0-01430600-1344088627.jpg

also through wired to brake van to aid pickup.

See you soon

Kevin

• Like 2