Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

I was only passing by with a wife and two children in tow, all of whom were very impressed with it, and I'm always how it ever fits into the front room. We combined the trip with a visit to some posh designer outlet in Shepton Mallet, where there was another show going on - the S/W narrow gauge show - I thought I might pop in to take a look, but that would have been pushing my luck a bit too far I think...

Phil

Hi Phil it was good to meet Mrs Beresford Junction as well as the little Beresford Junctions, and yes Pitbull it all went well (ok apart from the bloody VEP) sorry you coudn't make it,  it was a great day and I for one had a great time meeting lots of people and having a good natter, my thanks to all at Warminster and a big thankyou to PaulRHB and Ian (Temeraire) for being the team, it only has to be said that we do it all again at Brockenhurst at the end of May, In the meantime I'm off to Exford to pinch Ians signal box and turn it into a Muckie D's.

Best regards,

Kevin.     

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

Glad the show went well, hope all goes well at Brockenhurst.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter thanks for that, I don't suppose you could be available for Brockenhurst, you know just hop on a plane? Its'a shame that the Star Treck "Transporter Device" has not been invented yet.

How is your DCC going? whilst at Warminster I got hold of some new Zimo Sugar Cube speakers unfortunately they are  8ohm  whereas the Loksound v4s Chips use 4ohm, Ian (Temeraire) says no problem just wire them in parallel and he was right they work brilliantly, I will post a video as soon as I can work out how to do it, here is a photo until then.

post-5799-0-00034500-1361343454.jpg

Anyway beam me up Scotty,

My best regards.

Kevin. 

• Like 3

Hi Kevin,

Wouldn't a Transporter device be nice, I would be over in a shot. I caught up with a few of the NFMRS boys when I was over last year though, even went to Fareham exhibition with Mossbank, Westcliffe and Hollybank and helped out for a day. It was good to see Mossbank up and running all those years after I helped build it.

I am actually planning to come over for two weeks in May 2014, but early days yet so still no firm dates. Though I will try and make it to the New Forest exhibition or the Swanage diesel gala.

I am going ok with the DCC, I have changed CVs on a few decoders but not had a play around with my sound locos yet. I have a legomanbiffo sound chip for a class 33 but the speaker is not giving good sound so I will get another one and have another go.

Your track machine looks great I didn't know anyone did sounds for these, it's good to see those sugar speakers I am thinking of geting a couple of them for my 08 when I sound chip that.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Kevin,

Wouldn't a Transporter device be nice, I would be over in a shot. I caught up with a few of the NFMRS boys when I was over last year though, even went to Fareham exhibition with Mossbank, Westcliffe and Hollybank and helped out for a day. It was good to see Mossbank up and running all those years after I helped build it.

I am actually planning to come over for two weeks in May 2014, but early days yet so still no firm dates. Though I will try and make it to the New Forest exhibition or the Swanage diesel gala.

I am going ok with the DCC, I have changed CVs on a few decoders but not had a play around with my sound locos yet. I have a legomanbiffo sound chip for a class 33 but the speaker is not giving good sound so I will get another one and have another go.

Your track machine looks great I didn't know anyone did sounds for these, it's good to see those sugar speakers I am thinking of geting a couple of them for my 08 when I sound chip that.

Cheers Peter. 

Hiya Pete, It would be great to meet up again along with the rest of the gang the next time you are over, with a bit of luck the timing will coincide with an exhibition.

I am not familier with legomanbiffo sound chips but you never know these zimo sugar cube speakers could be the answer for your 33,  it will depend on the chips ohmage.

The sound chip I use for the Tamper is a Howes Loksound Windhoff MPV, I suppose it is similar It has all the horns, sirens, etc it may not be to everyones taste but I think its great.

I am not the an expert on Dcc or anything to do with Dcc but if I can help please let me know.  If you would like to try these Zimo speakers PM me your adress to me and I will send you some.

My best regards,

Kevin.

Hiya Pete, It would be great to meet up again along with the rest of the gang the next time you are over, with a bit of luck the timing will coincide with an exhibition.

I am not familier with legomanbiffo sound chips but you never know these zimo sugar cube speakers could be the answer for your 33,  it will depend on the chips ohmage.

The sound chip I use for the Tamper is a Howes Loksound Windhoff MPV, I suppose it is similar It has all the horns, sirens, etc it may not be to everyones taste but I think its great.

I am not the an expert on Dcc or anything to do with Dcc but if I can help please let me know.  If you would like to try these Zimo speakers PM me your adress to me and I will send you some.

My best regards,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Will definitely try and catch up with the gang next time I am over.

The Legomanbiffo chip is a v4 so should be ok for the sugar cube speakers as far as I know. Do you think they would fit in the fuel tanks as there is all room under the roof?

I think your Tamper would sound great with all the sirens etc, something a bit different is always good.

Thanks for the offer on the speakers mate I will send you a PM.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

As Pitbull, Temeraire, PaulRHB and a few others are aware I have been experimenting with sub-miniture LEDs after meeting James Hudson of DCC Train Automation at Warminster, initialy I have been working on the road vehicles and it has given me an excuse to finish an on going project that has been hang about for far to long.

A re-cabbed Langley Skip lorry a couple of pickies below.

post-5799-0-10395600-1362330168.jpg

post-5799-0-06866000-1362330192.jpg

See you soon.

Best regards,

Kevin.

• Like 10

Hi Kevin

Very impressive lights indeed. I'm looking forward to playing with operarting all the new arrivals at Brockenhurst - I've got a pass from Mrs Beresford Junction for both days, and am looking forward to it, although I do pity the paying public....

Phil

Thanks for that Phil, it is great news that you can make Brockenhurst for both days (my thanks to Mrs Beresford Junction) and don't worry about making mistakes just do as I do and tell everybody that that your name is Pitbull!

Cheerio for now,

Kevin. 

• Like 4

As Pitbull, Temeraire, PaulRHB and a few others are aware I have been experimenting with sub-miniture LEDs after meeting James Hudson of DCC Train Automation at Warminster, initialy I have been working on the road vehicles and it has given me an excuse to finish an on going project that has been hang about for far to long.

A re-cabbed Langley Skip lorry a couple of pickies below.

attachicon.gifsmallpix 421.jpg

attachicon.gifsmallpix 422.jpg

See you soon.

Best regards,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin

This Photo is excellent with the Lights working on the lorry, was this easy or hard to accomplish...

Excellent... as are all the photos that get uploaded for this layout thread...

When is it out on the road next and where about, I would love to see this...

Jamie

• Like 1

My thanks for the nice comment class"66".

Hi Jamie 7APT7 in answer to your question:

"with the Lights working on the lorry, was this easy or hard to accomplish..."

post-5799-0-76719900-1362992140.jpg

This photo was taken through a magnifying glass, once I had worked out how I could see enough to be able to solder the armature wire onto the LED without it flicking into oblivion!! then the rest was reletively easy just drilling holes in the model in the right places in order to feed wires through, the solution was to stick double sided tape onto a baccy tin which was enough to hold the LED in place whilst I soldered it,  mind you I still lost 2 LED's through them being attracted to the bloody soldering iron!!!

Also Leafords next exhibition is the Brockenhurst (New Forest) Show on the bank holiday weekend at the end of May, hopefully see you there.

ess1uk wrote,

"Would you believe I'm sat here reading a copy of Model Rail from Xmas 2010 with Leaford in it! My Dad brought it over for me to have a look at :)"

Well you are lucky ess1uk I had to buy one for myself !!

post-5799-0-09670300-1362991699.jpg

Unusual visitor class 25 arrives with a Cartic 4.

Cheerio for now.

Kevin.

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 5

Hi Kevin,

First  a blue class 45 and now a class 25, is Leaford going back to the 80s?

Cheers Peter.

Hello Pete,

I don't think I ever left the 80's or the 70's come to that, I have a class 40 lurking somewhere,  however whilst rummaging in the loft t'other day I did come across another relic from the past.

Class 87 101 Stephenson.

post-5799-0-70965400-1362994187.jpg

And another lighting job from the present is Wilts & Dorset Optare Delta L505AJT on route 65 to Romsey waiting outside Leaford station..

post-5799-0-50044000-1362994454.jpg

Best Regards,

Kevin.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...