Renumbering Maroon MK1s

Just obtained a lovely rake of the new Bachmann Farish maroon mk1s and what a treat they are.

However I really need to renumber them to a 'SC' rake rather than 'M' as they are just now.

So I checked my usual first port of call, i.e Fox transfers and they seem to have 3 flavours possibly, so I'm looking for guidance as to what would be correct?

• off white
  • metallic gold
  • old gold (deep yellow)

Can anyone advise what is suitable for all over maroon coaching stock? I'm assuming one of these options is intended for carmine/cream coaching perhaps?

thanks in advance

Craig

Well, unless I am very much mistaken numbers are yellow on black, i.e. yellow with a thin black border. However the border is only a few mil thick so in N is going to be miniscule.

Off white sounds like blue/grey era. Metallic gold doesn't sounds right either, I'd go with old gold/deep yellow personally.

Well, unless I am very much mistaken numbers are yellow on black, i.e. yellow with a thin black border. However the border is only a few mil thick so in N is going to be miniscule.

Off white sounds like blue/grey era. Metallic gold doesn't sounds right either, I'd go with old gold/deep yellow personally.

That was the 2-1 Favourite, with metallic gold 25-1 and off white 200-1 outsider.

I'll drop Fox a line but I think you are right.

• RMweb Gold

Old gold is indeed the correct colour. A mix of yellow and white plus a dash of red and black. I have always presumed the colour did not change after introduction in 1949.

Would the same apply to the lettering on old GWR stock like the full brakes and what was the colour difference[lettering] between GWR and BR [maroon] coaches.

Would the same apply to the lettering on old GWR stock like the full brakes and what was the colour difference[lettering] between GWR and BR [maroon] coaches.

Sorry, not sure what you mean. The same transfers for BR carriage stock insignia would have been supplied to all the works stores on BR regardless of region.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, not sure what you mean. The same transfers for BR carriage stock insignia would have been supplied to all the works stores on BR regardless of region.

The lettering on GWR parcel stock was old gold.Is this the same colour that was used on maroon BR stock.I thought it was a lighter colour almost yellow.

Not sure what the real colour of GWR insignia looked like. Never saw it. I can only be reasonably sure about things I have actually seen. I think in 4mm scale the accurate rendition of shade doesnt really matter too much as the insignia is so small.

There is a shade which Modelmaster call "cream". This is paler than the yellow which they also sell and may or may not be the off-white mentioned above. I am wondering if the yellow is what has been described as "old gold" on this thread and which livery goes with the cream lettering.

Chris

Archived