Brassmaster J94 Kit

Does anyone know where I can find a Brassmaster 4mm (00) J94 kit, I have been searching the internet for over a year now looking for one. Just missed seeing the listing for the last one on eBay before she went. Any help will be very greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Trainman119

Guest oldlugger

Hello Trainman 119,

Does the kit have to be the Brassmasters one? There are other etched 4mm Hunslet J94 kits out there, such as Mercian Models (not sure if it's suitable for compensating/P4 though):

http://www.modelrailways.tv/images/catalogue/larger/SG5.jpg

Rumour has it that High Level Kits will produce a chassis kit for a J94 which could be used under a Hornby body.

Cheers

Simon

Since Brassmasters discontinued the kit some time ago and have no plans to re-release it (yes, I have asked the question), I strongly suspect that the only place you will find one is by eagle-eyed watching on eBay. It seems almost as scare as the Impetus chassis kit for the same so good luck.

The alternatives are fairly well known, and have been discussed recently. The RT Models chassis is now available, and is pretty good in my view. If it's the particular alternate versions you're after (Lambton or 50550 cabs?), perhaps lobbying RT Models might be an idea?

Adam

PS: compensation and the Mercian kit. I have a review for the HO version of the Mercian kit from Rail Model digest no. 4 which tells me that the chassis is a fold-up job (don't know how this applies to the OO kit) with cut-outs for compensation marked should you want that.

I say lets lobby RT models I'm desperate for a couple or even more Lambton cabs, and always looking for the Airfix Dapol Austerity they aren't bad models for their age and I want to try one of RT's chassis when I get hold of another Airfix kit

• RMweb Gold

If you are going to lobby me for parts, you better come over to the dark side! :devil::diablo_mini:

Topic

I say lets lobby RT models I'm desperate for a couple or even more Lambton cabs, and always looking for the Airfix Dapol Austerity they aren't bad models for their age and I want to try one of RT's chassis when I get hold of another Airfix kit

Funnily enough I've just won an Airfix J94 so I will be on to you for a chassia soon. thing is I've also won a Wilesco traction engine and Wilesco roller so I've been playing with them.I must get on with Little Phili, the base boards are nearly fully wired so as soon as the j94 arrives I'll have a chassis!! how about a cab or 2 or 3!! PLEASE!!

• RMweb Gold

I will be looking at doing the Lambton cab in the near future, about to make a start in a few days on the drawings for Austerity/J94 detailing parts.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Funnily enough I've just won an Airfix J94 so I will be on to you for a chassia soon. thing is I've also won a Wilesco traction engine and Wilesco roller so I've been playing with them.I must get on with Little Phili, the base boards are nearly fully wired so as soon as the j94 arrives I'll have a chassis!! how about a cab or 2 or 3!! PLEASE!!

There is also the NB models whitemetal J94 body kit. Married to the RT models chassis/details and some of the detailing bits from Ambis a very nice model will result.

http://www.nbmodels.com/locokits.asp .....bottom of the page.

http://www.ukmodelsh...BIS_Engineering

I live in the U.S. is there another way to get a catalog from BIS Engineering??

• 6 months later...

Just to update this thread, Robert was at the Stafford Exhibition over the weekend and his range is looking good, particularly the austerity detailing bits, I was tempted to a couple of chimneys and domes. The replacement chassis looks excellent but will have to wait till I've built the mercian kit before I spend money on one of them!

Archived