more unidentified photos

• RMweb Premium

Dear all,

You have very kindly helped to identify various of my photos and negatives. I have finally got round to creating a new batch My link you will see that there are still some of the previous ones which have not been identified, but alot more which have My link

Once again, many thanks for all your help

kind regards

Duncan

This one:

Leverton

Has what appears to be Ratcliffe Power Station in the background, so could be ex GC. I've had a look around on Google maps in the area in which I thin it was taken, but haven't turned anything up though.

Edit - Could the current A453 be built on the trackbed of a former line? The alignment of that road seems to match up quite well with the angle of the tracks in the photo.

• RMweb Gold

Delamere looking towards Cuddington

id hazard a guess on that being delemere on the old CLC line between chester and altringham, if you google street view delemere station you get a cracking view off the overbridge of the station and 2nd bridge in the background (its actually waterpipes)

This one:

http://www.flickr.co...57627166784504/

Has what appears to be Ratcliffe Power Station in the background, so could be ex GC. I've had a look around on Google maps in the area in which I thin it was taken, but haven't turned anything up though.

Edit - Could the current A453 be built on the trackbed of a former line? The alignment of that road seems to match up quite well with the angle of the tracks in the photo.

Quite likely GC, but wrong area - suggest one of the stations near the River Trent around Gainsborough/Retford

One of the others is Definitely Clowne LDEC - I have added a comment to the photo.

Good call WC, I now think that the power station in the background could be Cottam and not Ratcliffe, both have the same layout of the cooling towers. I've checked West Burton, and it's definitely not near there.

I've found this location:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=879&q=cottam%20power%20station&gbv=2&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1135l2144l0l3569l7l6l0l0l0l0l261l824l3.1.2l6l0&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

Which looks like the building in one of the photos, but in the unknown location photo it looks like the road goes straight across, rather than at an angle. i also can't see any evidence of a platform, but the crossing is on Station Road.

Archived