Loksound V4 in Hornby A4

Cooped

Well I've fitted a 20x40mm bass reflex speaker into the coal bunker area. Wasn't as hard as I had thought, some careful (not hacking! Sorry Paul, that was more a reflection of my own modeling skills than anything else!), cut out a little plastic to allow it to fit and even managed to fit the original moulded coal load back on top afterwards. I may do the foam and real coal in the future though as I like how that looks. I'm very impressed with the sound now especially the whistle.

Silverlink, I only heard of Olivia's trains after I had bought this decoder from Rails of Sheffield. I emailed Olivia's asking about advice on which speaker to use and also expressing that I would hopfully be a future customer, but I did not get a response which was dissappointing. Calling is awkward as I am in the US. Maybe when I'm ready for my next project I'll try again.

Regards

Dan

Ok, be kind! The video is a little grainy and it is my first attempt here. Some slight distortion can be heard with the whistle, I could probably turn the volume down a bit. The brake squeel is there, but is hard ot hear on the video.

Thanks for everyone's advice. The layout is my 'practice' one, first attempt. It's going to be dismantled hopefully in next week so I can start building the 'real thing'.

Well I've fitted a 20x40mm bass reflex speaker into the coal bunker area. Wasn't as hard as I had thought, some careful (not hacking! Sorry Paul, that was more a reflection of my own modeling skills than anything else!), cut out a little plastic to allow it to fit and even managed to fit the original moulded coal load back on top afterwards. I may do the foam and real coal in the future though as I like how that looks. I'm very impressed with the sound now especially the whistle.

Silverlink, I only heard of Olivia's trains after I had bought this decoder from Rails of Sheffield. I emailed Olivia's asking about advice on which speaker to use and also expressing that I would hopfully be a future customer, but I did not get a response which was dissappointing. Calling is awkward as I am in the US. Maybe when I'm ready for my next project I'll try again.

Regards

Dan

Dan,

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back from Olivia's I think it may be down to the sheer number of emails Neil receives each day. I know when I visited last week he was saying he had over 100 messages to answer whilst at the same time dealing with customers like me bombarding him with questions in the shop & also selling. I'm sure he will be in touch soon.

With reference message 26 I would suggest not to use the original coal load above your speaker as it will completely kill the clean sound from your speaker. Best thing is some plastic mesh (I think the stuff you cover joints on plasterboard with) followed by a lttlle real coal (thinly) you'll be amazed at the difference in the sound.

Cheers

silverlink

Archived