Cost a bit much

darren01

Would this particular style have appeared as vacuum fitted or piped?

You might open a can of worms there, some tipplers seem to have been released as if fitted but had the vacuum cylinder missing and only the linkage in place on the cross shaft.

Paul and Pennine may be able to say if its this type though..

. I too noticed the brake pipe snaking across the underframe. I wonder whether this hints at future livery/numbering possibilities for release. Would this particular style have appeared as vacuum fitted or piped?

I'm usually (admittedly not always ...) fairly careful choosing my words, and if that had been a possibility, I wouldnt have described its presence as 'peculiar' ;) TBH I doubt if Hornby even realise there is more than one type; the only explanation that springs to my mind is that they've dropped across a preserved or industrial one that's had a pipe rigged for some reason

You might open a can of worms there, some tipplers seem to have been released as if fitted but had the vacuum cylinder missing and only the linkage in place on the cross shaft.

Paul and Pennine may be able to say if its this type though..

It's not, it's a 9ft wb high body double brake example from the first 1,900 built (although not unsurprisingly, the numbers on the models I've seen dont match that). The one you mention were much later, they had 10ft wb and the same clasp gear as the Parkside kit but without the pipes and cylinders. Oddly enough part of the same Lot (3091) were built with 10ft wb and double brake; tipplers are quite an enigma when you look into them.

Archived