RMweb

Western Region Photos 1980's

Pure magic!

My brother lived in Cambourne for a few years and I used to get the Cornish Scot down there from Preston before the days of HSTs. What a trip that was. I always got a 47 though from B'New St. Did the 50'd ever do that job. Does anyone have any pics?

keep it up

Brilliant

Claggy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A bit of class 37 thrash at Yatton.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter.

When was this photo taken? I could have been on the train - I can't remember the date (but probably late 80s) but recall having 37232 for haulage from Bristol TM on an afternoon BTM to WSM train. The chap in the light blue shirt might even be me!

A few of my pictures:

31 404 on 9Z28 from/to Reading West Junction unloading sleepers in Sonning Cutting within a possession on the Relief Lines, Reading East to Twyford West, 9 Nov 86

Class 121 W55020, Southall Shed, 1986

50 007 on 00.20 Paddington-Oxford at Paddington, 17 Mar 86. BSK 34666 (in GW150 choc/cream) at platform 8 on the left is in 1B00 00.50 Paddington-Swansea.

50 031 on 11.45 Paddington-Penzance at Aller Junction, 26 May 85.

Ian

(How the pictures become attached thumbnails or attached images I've no idea!)

post-7610-12578507132017_thumb.jpg

post-7610-12578507301647_thumb.jpg

post-7610-12578507560895_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1257850781609_thumb.jpg

When was this photo taken? I could have been on the train - I can't remember the date (but probably late 80s) but recall having 37232 for haulage from Bristol TM on an afternoon BTM to WSM train. The chap in the light blue shirt might even be me!

Hi, my book says 13.8.87.smile.gif Here is another one 37427.

Great pics Ian and Crossfell5 keep them coming, and feel free to add some of yours from the gallary section Owen.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12578531334315_thumb.jpg

Owen - it's Hereford again - just hold your cursor over the picture and you'll get the relevent info.

We're not restricted on file size so much(2MB) as well. If you click on my latest pics you'll get the enlarged version.

You should try it with yours - all top stuff BTW

Crossfell5

Owen - it's Hereford again - just hold your cursor over the picture and you'll get the relevent info.

We're not restricted on file size so much(2MB) as well. If you click on my latest pics you'll get the enlarged version.

You should try it with yours - all top stuff BTW

Crossfell5

WOW..... i did not know that, im learning something new about this site every day.and probably will do for some time. cheers, owen

• 3 weeks later...

post-7009-12595428320084_thumb.jpg

The 'Barmouth Flyer' in Bandit Country smile.gif, made up with what looks like a Swindon Cross Country 3-car unit, Cl.120, with the Trailer Buffet replaced by one from a Metro- Cammell unit. I could be wrong though.

The pic. was taken in early Summer 1985. Regretfully, it's the only one I've got taken in the period covered in this thread, although I've a few, rather faded ones taken during the early days of the W.Region's HST 125s in 1976.

Regards.

Edit :- Ooops, I've just had a sudden thought.

Was the route pictured, still part of the Western. Reg. at this time ? or had it been taken over by the Midland ?.

• RMweb Gold

post-7009-12595428320084_thumb.jpg

The 'Barmouth Flyer' in Bandit Country smile.gif, made up with what looks like a Swindon Cross Country 3-car unit, Cl.120, with the Trailer Buffet replaced by one from a Metro- Cammell unit. I could be wrong though.

The pic. was taken in early Summer 1985. Regretfully, it's the only one I've got taken in the period covered in this thread, although I've a few, rather faded ones taken during the early days of the W.Region's HST 125s in 1976.

Regards.

Edit :- Ooops, I've just had a sudden thought.

Was the route pictured, still part of the Western. Reg. at this time ? or had it been taken over by the Midland ?.

Long since (over 20 years) gone to the LMR by the time that pic was taken - but it's still a nice looking bridge :)

Archived