Repainting Skaledale

I recently acquired a couple of Skaledale low relief houses. They fit the space very well, but the red brick colour is wrong. I want to paint them so they look more like cut stone for a norhern look. Has anybody done this and , if so, any tips on paint colours. etc?

Thank you

Steve

I have painted Skaledale buildings using Games Workshop acrylic paint. The foundation paints are excellent, cover well and are you get really good results just by using a brush. For weathering Games Workshop also does washes which are easy to apply and really work well. All the paint names are very game orientated but don’t let that put you off.

Good Luck,

Xerces Fobe

I second the use of acrylics. I have modified and repainted both Hornby Skaledale and Bachmann Scenecraft buildings (see previous posts) and have found that enamels will not adhere well to the resin.

For best results you should key they old paint using a 3M radial sanding brush, a fine sandpaper flap wheel (or even hand sand) to get a surface that grabs the paint. the 3M radial brushes (from MicroMark) are best because they don't strip surface detail off too easily

F

I've repainted a couple of Skaledale buildings using Humbrol enamels - works fine...

My experience of enamels and RTP was with a Scenecraft building and I found that when dry the enamels chppied and flaked off very easily... I switched to acrylics and had a much more robust finish

F

• RMweb Gold

My experience of enamels and RTP was with a Scenecraft building and I found that when dry the enamels chppied and flaked off very easily... I switched to acrylics and had a much more robust finish

F

Fair enough Flavio, but I haven't had the same problem...

Archived