House for sale adjacent to Bentley Heath Crossing, Dorridge...

• RMweb Gold

noticed that earlier when i passed by, been up for a few weeks now i think, a bit too close to the railway for my liking though!!

nice how on rightmove they of course mention the railway line 20ft away, also the street view takes you about 500m up the road with no railway in sight

i dont know the area at all (other than passing through at 100mph) but thats one expensive house compared to here in crewe, very nice inside though, love the attic space and a nice long garden

• RMweb Gold

It's all a matter of the area and things like that as far as prices are concerned - a similar house round here but on a main road and not next to a level crossing is currently on the market for £360,000; a modern one 'in the right place' is going for £465,000; and there is a 3 bed terrace (not end of) but down on the river going for £1.2 million but the rooms are a lot bigger and it has boat parking underneath. And from our bedrrom window we've got a pretty good view of a house (using the word advisedly in view of its size) on the opposite side of the valley which has just been sold for well over £100 million. Like I said - the area can make a substantial difference :O

Friends of mine used to live in this house http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=44.242878,-76.606695&spn=0.000004,0.004812&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=44.242828,-76.606742&panoid=V-rchscApXr2-Zd-mYo0Gw&cbp=12,247.36,,0,4.01

When they lived here, there was a level crossing about where the shrubbery is. The tracks are the CN main line between Toronto and Montreal. It was a great place for watching trains, not so great for peaceful relaxation.

For reference, in 1988 or thereabouts it was $CDN67,000, for about a third of an acre with a small barn in the back yard.

Adrian

Adrian

Archived