Hornby Newsletter - September 2011

Guest Belgian

Guest Belgian

Are we allowed to comment on this?

I have just received what is purported to be a newsletter from Hornby. There is, almost literally, no news in it! It says there is a "sneak preview" of the B17 and B1 models, but the links just take one to the catalogue pages with the artists' impressions and even describes R2922 (a B17) as a 2-8-0! The only "preview"is a picture in the heading which shows a pair of B1s passing each other on a layout, with the new Gresley Suburbans in tow.

Then a link to "new releases" merely goes to the same list of releases from a month or two back, most of which have already appeared in the shops: traditionally the Hornby Newsletter showed what was soon to come. It has changed beyond recognition from what was always a welcome read a year or so ago.

Is it me, just expecting too much?

JE

Guest Max Stafford

Not the plastic they are made from, I trust...? We were just coming to terms with the metal fatigue issues! :jester:

Dave.

just a teaser I thinks.

I have 2x B17's on order and a set of LNER suburbans, so as Peter C says, hope they don't all come at once. Then theres the Railroad Loco drive D49. No B1 though as I have the Bachmann model which runs okay, but for A$60, I'll put up with it till it dies.

lets hope September (spring in sthern hemisphere) brings some good news.

mark

Archived