dynamis + multi IR recievers.

Piemanlarger

I recall being told that you can just extend the lead on the standard box (ie move to a better reception position), and fit more IRs to it. No idea if this is correct. Information is from around the time of Dynamis launch when Bachmann's staff were not 100% accurate in what they said about the future upgrades for the system.

The Pro box comes with an IR extension that sits between the command station and the top mounted IR receiver. This extension has an additional four sockets to which you connect your extra receivers.

How do you connect the ir recievers to the command box though?

I recall being told that you can just extend the lead on the standard box (ie move to a better reception position), and fit more IRs to it. No idea if this is correct. Information is from around the time of Dynamis launch when Bachmann's staff were not 100% accurate in what they said about the future upgrades for the system.

There are 8 (not counted) pins between ir recviever and standard box, presume the same for pro box.

As the pro box apparently has four additional sockets, i wonder if these are just in series and two (or more) ir recievers will work on a std box if connected in series as do the handsets.

36-508UK RRP ??175.00E-Z Command Dynamis Pro-Box

16.jpg

To upgrade a Dynamis system (36-505) to Dynamis Pro system (36-506) specification.

Features:

• Expands Dynamis
  • Allows up to four wireless handsets to be used at any one time
  • Service programming track output - power switched from main track automatically
  • Allows all CVs to be read by Dynamis system
  • Full service mode programming of Decoders
  • Allows all CVs to programmed by Dynamis system
  • Receiver expansion unit allows up to five 36-509 Receivers to be attached to Dynamis system
  • ECoslink connection to other devices

Availability: Available now

The Pro box comes with an IR extension that sits between the command station and the top mounted IR receiver. This extension has an additional four sockets to which you connect your extra receivers.

How do you connect the ir recievers to the command box though?

Didn't Steve just explain that ? blink.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold

The IR extension box is not simply a straight parallel between the additional sockets, there are some electronics in the box as well. I would imagine that it polls each receiver in turn.

Andi

I've tried using an additional IR receiver and lead straight into the pins on the top of the command station (to be able to change the position of the receiver around the layout) , it wouldn't work (straight off). I never had chance to re-visit and see why not but on the basis of trying the above I don't think there's any way around it other than going for the pro-box. Some may grumble about the cost (even though these seem to be people who have large fleets of locos but don't want to cough up for a control solution).

The IR extension box is not simply a straight parallel between the additional sockets, there are some electronics in the box as well. I would imagine that it polls each receiver in turn.

Andi

Thanks Andi, thaught it would be worth asking / trying. Cant say i have a problem with the dymanis on my failry short layout(s) at present but was wondering about controll on a large tailchaser, 25+ ft x 10ft.

Cant see the cost of the probox being worth it for addional ir recievers, as thats about all it offfers to me.. I think i would be more tempted to go esu controllers but i must have a walkabout controller..

Archived