Woking (REC) 10-11 September 2011

cp409067

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone confirm that I have read the website properly and the below are the only 'modern image' layouts going to be present.

Depends on what a definition of "modern image" is - for me that will be all of them.

But I think there are more than 2 when you consider the European/Continental and gauges other than OO.

Why limit your modelling interest to such a narrow criteria there and many other layouts in other scales and gauges and prototype that can things to offer the modeller.

This is the first Railway Enthusiast Club exhibtion I have attended since the mid-late 1980s. The line-up looked promising and it didn't disappoint. The venue was excellent. Despite the number of layouts and trade stands, it didn't feel like it was shoe-horned in; there was plenty of room to veiw everything and move around. I was particularly keen to catch up with Paradise Mining, which I first saw at Warley a few years ago. Unfortunately, my camera gave up the ghost that time, so I was pleased to have another opportunity to see it in the flesh. I like it's quirkiness, the detail, the atmosphere, the fact that it runs well and the fact that it all 'works' in such a compact space. I enjoyed all of the layouts including those that I've seen several times before; Mellin Parva, Hinton Parva and Thomas' Junction. I thought the range of traders was excellent and could have spent a fortune. If only I had it to spend!!

A very enjoyable show, that hopefully, I'll be able to attend next year.

For some reason I can't add any photos to this post at the moment. Hope to do so later.

Archived